2023 Ga. Tech Football Depth Chart

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
This is only speculation to give you an idea of what the depth looked like coming in to pre-season camp. For instance, my own opinion is that Eddie Kelly & Paul Moala will be in the Two-Deep Depth Chart(announced between today and Wednesday).
https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/georgia-tech/90613
https://www.si.com/college/georgiat...techs-two-deep-depth-chart-ahead-of-fall-camp

Pos /No Player 1 /No Player 2 /No Player 3 /No Player 4 /No Player 5
OFFENSE
WR-X //3 Moore, D.J. RS FR //9 Boyd, Avery JR //18 Janneh, Abdul RS JR/TR //1 Blackburn, Leo RS SO(have heard that he is out for the season)
WR-Z //12 Blaylock, Dominick RS JR/TR //7 Lane, Chase RS SR/TR //25 BlackStrain, James RS SO //14 Lewis, Juju RS FR
WR-SL //8 Rutherford, Malik RS SO //6 Leary, Christian JR/TR //11 Haynes, Jamal RS SO //13 Singleton Jr., Eric FR //83 Taylor, Zion FR
LT //55 Robinson II, Corey RS SO/TR //75 Leftwich, Jakiah RS SO //74 Gibson, Tyler RS FR
LG //67 Fusile, Joe RS SO //71 Brown, Jordan RS SO/TR
OC //72 Franklin, Weston JR //58 Best, Brandon RS FR
RG //65 Scaglione, Connor RS SR/TR //57 Tchio, Paul JR/TR //64 Purves, Ryan RS FR
RT //54 Williams, Jordan JR //77 Cloy, Elias FR
TE //80 Seither, Brett RS SR/TR //2 Leonard, Dylan SR //81 Benson, Luke SR/TR
QB //5 Pyron, Zach RS FR //10 King, Haynes RS SO/TR //15 Gibson, Zach RS JR/TR //16 Rhodes, Brody RS SO
RB //4 Smith, Dontae RS SR //00 Cooley, Trey JR/TR //23 Felix, Jamie SO //26 Dickens, Evan FR

DEFENSE
LDE //32 Yondjouen, Sylvain SR //43 Collins, Noah JR //27 Robinson, Josh JR
NT //99 Douse, D'Quan RS JR //88 Biggers, Zeek JR //55 Lockett, Horace RS FR
DT //8 Scott, Makius JR/TR //6 Reuben, Etinosa RS SR/TR //95 Moore, Jason RS SO
RDE // 9 Kennard, Kyle JR 11 Harris, Kevin RS JR/TR //97 Kelly, Eddie SO/TR
MAC //3 White, Andre RS SR/TR //44 Efford, Kyle RS FR //33 Meiguez, Tyson RS SO //45 Heflin, Ashton FR
MONEY //7 Tatum, Trenilyas JR //4 Oliver, Braelen RS SR/TR //13 Moala, Paul RS SR/TR //52 Dean, Austin JR/TR
LCB //00 Sims, Myles RS SR/TR //10 Johnson, Kenan RS JR //21 Daniels, Omar RS SO/TR
SS //5 Powell-Lee, Clayton SO //14 King, Jaylon RS SR
FS //1 Brooks, LaMiles JR //23 Gee, Khari RS SO/TR
RCB //2 Watson II, Kenyatta RS JR/TR //18 Harvey, Ahmari RS SO/TR //15 Bryant, Sirad RS SO
NB //16 Wallace, K.J. RS JR/TR //17 Shelley, Rodney SO
ST
PT //43 Shanahan, David JR
PK //88 Stewart, Gavin JR //93 Birr, Aidan RS FR
KO //88 Stewart, Gavin JR //93 Birr, Aidan RS FR
LS //46 Freer, Henry RS JR
H //43 Shanahan, David JR //16 Rhodes, Brody RS SO
PR //8 Rutherford, Malik RS SO //17 Shelley, Rodney SO //11 Haynes, Jamal RS SO
KR //8 Rutherford, Malik RS SO //21 Gordon, Daylon RS SO

Eli

Helluva Engineer
This is only speculation to give you an idea of what the depth looked like coming in to pre-season camp. For instance, my own opinion is that Eddie Kelly & Paul Moala will be in the Two-Deep Depth Chart(announced between today and Wednesday).
https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/georgia-tech/90613
https://www.si.com/college/georgiat...techs-two-deep-depth-chart-ahead-of-fall-camp

OFFENSE
WR-X //3 Moore, D.J. RS FR //9 Boyd, Avery JR //18 Janneh, Abdul RS JR/TR //1 Blackburn, Leo RS SO(have heard that he is out for the season)
WR-Z //12 Blaylock, Dominick RS JR/TR //7 Lane, Chase RS SR/TR //25 BlackStrain, James RS SO //14 Lewis, Juju RS FR
WR-SL //8 Rutherford, Malik RS SO //6 Leary, Christian JR/TR //11 Haynes, Jamal RS SO //13 Singleton Jr., Eric FR //83 Taylor, Zion FR
LT //55 Robinson II, Corey RS SO/TR //75 Leftwich, Jakiah RS SO //74 Gibson, Tyler RS FR
RG //65 Scaglione, Connor RS SR/TR //57 Tchio, Paul JR/TR //64 Purves, Ryan RS FR
QB //5 Pyron, Zach RS FR //10 King, Haynes RS SO/TR //15 Gibson, Zach RS JR/TR //16 Rhodes, Brody RS SO
RB //4 Smith, Dontae RS SR //00 Cooley, Trey JR/TR //23 Felix, Jamie SO //26 Dickens, Evan FR

DEFENSE
MAC //3 White, Andre RS SR/TR //44 Efford, Kyle RS FR //33 Meiguez, Tyson RS SO //45 Heflin, Ashton FR
MONEY //7 Tatum, Trenilyas JR //4 Oliver, Braelen RS SR/TR //13 Moala, Paul RS SR/TR //52 Dean, Austin JR/TR
LCB //00 Sims, Myles RS SR/TR //10 Johnson, Kenan RS JR //21 Daniels, Omar RS SO/TR
RCB //2 Watson II, Kenyatta RS JR/TR //18 Harvey, Ahmari RS SO/TR //15 Bryant, Sirad RS SO
ST

A lot of RS Juniors and RS sophomores. I honestly believe we will have a really solid season because of this. Both lines have veterans and I believe we will be pleasantly surprised

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
A lot of RS Juniors and RS sophomores. I honestly believe we will have a really solid season because of this. Both lines have veterans and I believe we will be pleasantly surprised
Plus the special teams will have choices of players that have seen game speed..

Any names yet?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Plus the special teams will have choices of players that have seen game speed..

Any names yet?
Also, I can’t remember if it was CBK or CRB or ? that said GT could choose between half a dozen guys who might return kicks? Nice problem to have.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer

OFFENSE

DEFENSE
ST
I will bite on a few issues. You got a lot right but Haynes is now a running back and doing very well. Daniels has moved to NB. Shelley is working at CB. Robinson plays on one side and Leftwich on the other. Key seems to be leaning toward Tatum and Moala at LB. Leanard will start at TE. Bryant is working at NB and S. Ashley and Cruz seem to be the frosh at LB getting the looks. Many of the 3rd stringers may be 1s or 2s, especially at the DE, WR, and one of the CB and LB positions.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
That's what I'm seeing, whole starting D is Jr or higher except CP Lee. Hopefully the D line is able to really be a force this season with CMC's guidance.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I will bite on a few issues. You got a lot right but Haynes is now a running back and doing very well. Daniels has moved to NB. Shelley is working at CB. Robinson plays on one side and Leftwich on the other. Key seems to be leaning toward Tatum and Moala at LB. Leanard will start at TE. Bryant is working at NB and S. Ashley and Cruz seem to be the frosh at LB getting the looks. Many of the 3rd stringers may be 1s or 2s, especially at the DE, WR, and one of the CB and LB positions.
That was pre-camp. Jackson, said that. as I referenced both of his resources.
The only thing I did was bring it here, fix it to where you could read each player with separation and make a couple of comments about a DL & a LB. Avery Boyd has moved to TE, which you neglected to comment on. I’m not going to move his work around on the chart. Take it FWIW. It’s an overall guide. If you read my other posts on here, I’ve commented on Haynes hitting the holes & accelerating once past his blocking. The defense has commented that they have trouble finding him, until he gets into the open field. He’s a good North/South RB.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Posted CBK’s presser after the scrimmage yesterday, in the Fall Practices/Camp Thread. Interesting that he stated Ashley & Cruz are tall & rangy, who both like to hit. He said, I’m not telling them to wait until next season, just because they are not running with the first two teams. “Let’s see where they are on Oct. 1st?”
CBK spoke of 4 players snapping at Center. The interchangeable OL, where he has seven that can play. Would like to find another LM. I can’t recall if it was CRB or ?, that said we’ve been working a half dozen PR & KOR men in practices and the two scrimmages. Tech has run 150 plays between those two Saturday tests.
Stewart likes to do all the placekicking to stay into the game, warmed up. Coach Key prefers him on the FG, PAT and Birr to KO. We will have to see. Those are a few of the comments.

jacketswin

Georgia Tech Fan
That was pre-camp. Jackson, said that. as I referenced both of his resources.
The only thing I did was bring it here, fix it to where you could read each player with separation and make a couple of comments about a DL & a LB. Avery Boyd has moved to TE, which you neglected to comment on. I’m not going to move his work around on the chart. Take it FWIW. It’s an overall guide. If you read my other posts on here, I’ve commented on Haynes hitting the holes & accelerating once past his blocking. The defense has commented that they have trouble finding him, until he gets into the open field. He’s a good North/South RB.
Boyd hasn’t moved to TE, he’s just getting reps there. He said he’s staying at WR while dabbling into TE stuff.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
My question is, hypothetically, if Malik, Leary and Blaylock are our best 3 receivers. Do you find a way to get all three on the field? Even though Malik and Leary are natural slot guys, can one line up at X/Z?

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
My question is, hypothetically, if Malik, Leary and Blaylock are our best 3 receivers. Do you find a way to get all three on the field? Even though Malik and Leary are natural slot guys, can one line up at X/Z?
I know this is a hypothetical. But just for the record, I think DJ Moore will be a top 3 receiver for Tech (at least in terms of PT).

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’ll take it one further. You have a hypothetical 3rd and 5. Put Leonard or Boyd or even Seither in there at TE, and you have 4 receivers. He can bump a blitz on that side, and go. It’s not like you need a lot of pass blocking on a quick hitter to get the first down.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
YES. In the Spring game Leary and Rutherford were in the game at the same time with another WR (Blaylock was not in the Spring Game). In fact Rutherford played WR most of his snaps, if not all. I think Leary stays at slot and Rutherford plays both WR and slot. The new OC has some plays (screens and reverses) for Rutherford at WR as demonstrated in the Spring. Those plays work for Blaylock also. We may see Rutherford and Blaylock at the same WR and the other receviers on the other side with Rutherford also playing slot and Boyd at WR and TE. I believe our new OC will be quite innovative using our personnel effectively (a pleasant change). I am anxious to see where Lane fits in.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Depth should be released any day now. The specs. from pre-camp were meant to be a guide, and then a comparison to the actual chart for Louisville. This thread was meant for that, and welcoming discussion.

Team will start preparing for the Cardinals on Wednesday of this week. Two more days.

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
I know this is a hypothetical. But just for the record, I think DJ Moore will be a top 3 receiver for Tech (at least in terms of PT).
I think there are 6 guys that could possibly start and all 6 should play a lot. This is my attempt at guessing the pecking order.
1. Rutherford
2. Leary
3. Janneh (heard he had a good camp and has more size than any of the other receivers)
4. Blaylock
5. DJ Moore
6. Chase Lane

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I think there are 6 guys that could possibly start and all 6 should play a lot. This is my attempt at guessing the pecking order.
1. Rutherford
2. Leary
3. Janneh (heard he had a good camp and has more size than any of the other receivers)
4. Blaylock
5. DJ Moore
6. Chase Lane
But can they block down field? Helps break long running plays, and keeps the DB wondering whether to fend off a block or cover.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
1. Rutherford
2. Leary
4. Blaylock
5. DJ Moore
6. Chase Lane
Avery Boyd should be on that list.