2023 Fall Practice Notes

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Clearly not enough data to draw any conclusions. But, it's the internet so let me jump to a few.

I see a lot of focus and effort. Good drills. No music, dancing, or goofing around. Serious business.

Pyron looked the best of the three QBs in this video, IMHO. Unsurprisingly, the DBs looked better than the WRs in passing drills. I have a good feeling about the O-line, that they're primed to make a big jump. (Which being just 'decent' would be a huge jump.)

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I agree. The Ole Miss beat down last year was one of the lowest points that I've ever seen for Tech football. It was a nationally televised embarrassment and it put the dysfunction of the program on national display.

Kiffin's comments in the media afterwards made it even worse. He wasn't taking a dig at Tech either, he was just being honest. They could have scored 100 points on us if they wanted to. I really hope and pray that our boys use the sting of the arse whuppin' as motivation this year.
Beating lane kiffin always feels nice. I remember that 2012(?) Sun bowl over him when he was at USC

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Anyone seen anything from today's scrimmage yet?
Rivals said tatum was best lb - likely due to 3 years in system.
Rb - nothing on the transfer rb and the fresh. Dontae ok w nice comments on jamal and the othercrb.
Qbs - no stsrs, all had pics.
Hot
Sounds like a typical first scrimmage to see who has pop = some headed up and some headed down.
Bbq after.
Oh, Leonard had 2 noteable catches.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Clearly not enough data to draw any conclusions. But, it's the internet so let me jump to a few.

I see a lot of focus and effort. Good drills. No music, dancing, or goofing around. Serious business.

Pyron looked the best of the three QBs in this video, IMHO. Unsurprisingly, the DBs looked better than the WRs in passing drills. I have a good feeling about the O-line, that they're primed to make a big jump. (Which being just 'decent' would be a huge jump.)
I tried to spot differences between #5, 10, and 15. To my very untrained eye, they all appeared to have about the same level of competence. I think we will be ok at QB if the starter goes down.

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Love the interview and the coach! Compliments and praise are few and not given lightly but appear to be very hard earned. Key’s passion for the game and his team are on his shirt sleeve 24/7. Cant wait for Sept 1st.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Rb - nothing on the transfer rb and the fresh. Dontae ok w nice comments on jamal and the othercrb.
Hot
Sounds like a typical first scrimmage to see who has pop = some headed up and some headed down.
Bbq after.
Would love to see Leonard have a strong breakout season. Maybe redeem himself against UGA for that wide open drop he had

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It would be nice to stand up to ole miss over there but an away game with a young team is asking a lot--but I would rather beat Lville than just make a showing vs OMiss.Also-If our Def can't stop Lville we sure won't OM.
I looked at our lads for ole miss. There first team offense are mostly money transfers and have 8 rs sr and 2 rs jr and 1 young guy.
Evans the great rb northshore hs in Texas is in NFL but the new rbs are nfl studs.

True grit needed in ol and dl.
Lets go jackets

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Hot
Bbq after.
Hot? I don't know about Atlanta but at 6pm or thereabouts, I was playing tennis in Albany and it was very nearly 120 on the heat index. The dew point at one time was well over 70. Christ, it was like trying to breathe underwater.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Hot? I don't know about Atlanta but at 6pm or thereabouts, I was playing tennis in Albany and it was very nearly 120 on the heat index. The dew point at one time was well over 70. Christ, it was like trying to breathe underwater.
Was on a Georgia barrier island a little earlier and the heat index was 115.

Anyone old enough to remember summer football camp when they didn’t let you drink water and you might practice two hours straight in the blazing sun without a break?

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
Was on a Georgia barrier island a little earlier and the heat index was 115.

Anyone old enough to remember summer football camp when they didn’t let you drink water and you might practice two hours straight in the blazing sun without a break?
And the coaches gave you salt tablets to replace what you sweated out. Probably the reason I have HBP. We were allowed chunks of ice to put on pressure points to cool down.