2023 Coaching Carousel

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Indiana? Isn't that where cfb coaches go to (have their careers) die?

Odd choice. Of course, if his options were limited, and IU threw the bank at him...worst case scenario he'll have his retirement funded. Cignetti is 62.

slugboy

Staff member
Dabo Swinney is making some staff cuts after an 8-4 season:

He’s cutting two coaches. Riley is still the OC—I don’t know if Riley will get more independence or less going into next season.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think the Riley magic has hit the trash bin after both brothers at USC and Clemson failed to produce the results they were hired to produce.

Both are just good ball coaches but not great or elite.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck

I am for this hiring strategy but this is a useless stat. What if all the other like hires failed miserably and this is cherry picking the successful ones? Without all the data I don’t think you can claim good coaching works no matter the level

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I am for this hiring strategy but this is a useless stat. What if all the other like hires failed miserably and this is cherry picking the successful ones? Without all the data I don’t think you can claim good coaching works no matter the level

Agree. There's two sides to that coin. I think his point was to show the journey of the coaches that have been successful this year.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Dabo Swinney is making some staff cuts after an 8-4 season:

He’s cutting two coaches. Riley is still the OC—I don’t know if Riley will get more independence or less going into next season.
Dabo would be smart to give Riley full control of the offense.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I think the Riley magic has hit the trash bin after both brothers at USC and Clemson failed to produce the results they were hired to produce.

Both are just good ball coaches but not great or elite.
Lincoln Riley has produced 3 Heisman winning QBs in the last decade and he turned Jaylon Hurts from an athlete into one of the best QBs around, 2nd in Heisman voting.

He needs a defensive coordinator more than Key does.

His HC record is 73-18 all at the P5 level.