2023 CFB Season

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Hard to cheer for dook (in spite of me being a grad school alum)…but tonight is an exception.
Lmao at goal line turnovers.
I feel like Clemson has dominated this game but 3 trips inside the 10 for 0 points.

I’m not counting them out yet though. They are moving the ball downfield with ease this second half.

bennyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
And thus beings the end of the Dabo era. He had an epic run, but the coordinators are gone and ugag is not letting any elite recruits slip away to Clemson anymore. The NIL era is for big money ballers. Clemson has $$ but they don't have Alabama, ugag, Ohio state levels of $$$$.

JacketFan137

Banned
clemson ran a terrible offense and their fans blamed it all on dj u and crowned this klubnik kid to be the next t law/deshaun level qb. makes me happy to see dj at oregon and this klubnik kid looking awful

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
I can’t remember when I last cheered for Notre Dame, probably vs uga a few years ago. Doesn’t happen often, but I will again tomorrow.
What’s funny is I have a Duke grad degree, but not sure I want to hear all the dookie crap at 5-0. I did enjoy them beating Clemson, but that’s enough, time for mean reversion.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If Notre Dame beats Duke it will be bad for the conference and may indirectly lead to the ACC getting shut out of the playoffs.

I get that you are talking about a conference needing to win important OOC games. No one game is determining, but the ACC can die a death by 1000 cuts.

Since it's not relevant to us this year, I really don't care from that perspective.

For the first time in a long time, I'll root for Duke. I don't think Duke stands a chance and ND will easily double the 5.5 point spread. But what do I know; NC State and L'Ville only scoring a combined 23 points is implausible.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I get that you are talking about a conference needing to win important OOC games. No one game is determining, but the ACC can die a death by 1000 cuts.

Since it's not relevant to us this year, I really don't care from that perspective.

For the first time in a long time, I'll root for Duke. I don't think Duke stands a chance and ND will easily double the 5.5 point spread. But what do I know; NC State and L'Ville only scoring a combined 23 points is implausible.
Agree completely. Guess what I hope for is that one day NCST and Louisville scoring 23 points will be considered a defensive masterpiece while 17-14 Ohio State / Notre Dame will be considered a shootout.

Yes, I’m being ridiculous.

But perceptions about conferences are indeed shaped by a 1000 cuts. I’m ready to start changing the narrative. I also don’t expect Duke to win. But it would turn the football world upside down if it happened. If the expected happens it just further cements a narrative that hurts the ACC.

I want us in the B1G because the narrative about the ACC distorts reality and becomes self-fulfilling. But if we have to stay….

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
Oh well, we’ll just agree to disagree.
We have issues, but what would make the ACC look ridiculous would be one of our best teams laying an egg OOC, for example UF stomping FSU later this year.
Every conference has their Duke, a team that is generally bad but has a good year - could be Northwestern for example, but them losing to a higher ranked OOC power wouldn’t matter to B1G.
On the other hand, if you think Duke gaining momentum helps GT somehow, think again. We compete with Duke for players, students, and faculty. Actually the engineering faculty thing has been significant - part of how Duke has moved up in engineering school rankings is by poaching key professors (I know this for sure with ECE).