2023 CFB Season

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Running thread for non-GT college football you're watching this season.

This Travis Hunter kid is something else. 1 incredible interception and 100 yards receiving with more time left in the game...over 100 snaps played. It looks like the Coach Prime experiment is off to a great start regardless of whether they close this game out versus TCU or not.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Running thread for non-GT college football you're watching this season.

This Travis Hunter kid is something else. 1 incredible interception and 100 yards receiving with more time left in the game...over 100 snaps played. It looks like the Coach Prime experiment is off to a great start regardless of whether they close this game out versus TCU or not.
Coach Prime! His son is a heisman candidate

JacketFan137

Banned
there are so many people on here who’s deion sanders takes are gonna age like milk lol

i can’t believe we had people so vocal with such stupidity that this colorado team and deion was gonna be bad

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
there are so many people on here who’s deion sanders takes are gonna age like milk lol

i can’t believe we had people so vocal with such stupidity that this colorado team and deion was gonna be bad
I wanted Deion for years. Pretty disappointing we didn’t take the gamble. Key will never have the same sizzle, but hopefully he ends up working out.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Jaxson Dart was 18/23 for 334 and 4 TDs today. I'm not saying our front 7 is as bad as Mercer's, but I'm really concerned about that game w/ Ole Miss's up tempo offense.

JacketFan137

Banned
I wanted Deion for years. Pretty disappointing we didn’t take the gamble. Key will never have the same sizzle, but hopefully he ends up working out.
yeah i like key but i was very heavily team deion and think it’s a shame we didn’t kick the tires on it at all. our program needs a shot in the arm that only deion could provide. after last night i’m a little worried cause a lot of the things people were very critical of collins for happened last night but people are making excuses because they like key

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Remember, TCU watched zero Colorado film for this game. Coach came out and said so. They watched last year's Jackson state film. Bulletinboard material if i ever saw any.

JacketFan137

Banned
Remember, TCU watched zero Colorado film for this game. Coach came out and said so. They watched last year's Jackson state film. Bulletinboard material if i ever saw any.
to be fair deion cleaved like the entire coaching staff and roster so it’s not like watching film from a 1-11 team was gonna help

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
The last thing I’d have done preparing for Colorado would be watch last year’s Colorado film. Apart from a total overhaul in coaching, they had 47 new players join the team. There was nothing to glean from the tapes of 1-11 Colorado from last year.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
The last thing I’d have done preparing for Colorado would be watch last year’s Colorado film. Apart from a total overhaul in coaching, they had 47 new players join the team. There was nothing to glean from the tapes of 1-11 Colorado from last year.
To further make that point, I believe Colorado actually has 72 new players - 51 through the portal and 21 from HS according to 247. Tech had 35 total new players for comparison.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
FSU's front 7 is suffocating against LSU but FSU is keeping them in this game with drops and poor QB decision making.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Ok rules gurus...

In the first half, LSU drops to pass, FSU rush gets to him. QB is hit as he “throws” and the pass hits his offensive lineman then falls incomplete. LSU falls on the ball, as it’s a bang / bang possible fumble.
The play is reviewed.
If it’s a fumble, LSU has recovered, and lost 2-3 yards.
If it’s a pass, it was not deflected, yet it hit an LSU ineligible receiver first, therefore it is an illegal touching penalty.
The replay ruling is incomplete pass and LSU plays the next down from the original spot.
How is that possible?

Blue&Gold1034

Jolly Good Fellow
Ok rules gurus...

In the first half, LSU drops to pass, FSU rush gets to him. QB is hit as he “throws” and the pass hits his offensive lineman then falls incomplete. LSU falls on the ball, as it’s a bang / bang possible fumble.
The play is reviewed.
If it’s a pass, it was not deflected, yet it hit an LSU ineligible receiver first, therefore it is an illegal touching penalty.
The replay ruling is incomplete pass and LSU plays the next down from the original spot.
How is that possible?
It's not illegal touching if it bounces off of a lineman. The touching has to be intentional.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Ok rules gurus...

The play is reviewed.
How is that possible?
The ineligible receiver was not downfield and in the tackle box, or there was an eligible receiver in the vicinity. It happens all the time when a QB throws it off his OL's helmet accidentally.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
The ineligible receiver was not downfield and in the tackle box, or there was an eligible receiver in the vicinity. It happens all the time when a QB throws it off his OL's helmet accidentally.
It must be the tackle box. There was no receiver in the area, I would believe the OL was still in the “tackle box.”

On the “receiver in the area” are you sure that trumps illegal touching? It certainly trumps grounding, but I even watched a game earlier in the day where the OT was engaged with DE and they tried to throw a little swing pass that hit the OL head / shoulder. Even though the receiver was within a couple yards, and was clearly the intended target, the call was illegal touching.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Who is watching Duke/Clemson? Clemson’s front 7 looks great as usual but they look very fallible on offense. Seems like Riley isn’t opening the playbook for Clubnik.

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
Hard to cheer for dook (in spite of me being a grad school alum)…but tonight is an exception.
Lmao at goal line turnovers.