2023 ACC News & Discussion

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Just want to say. I’m not calling for a DC change right now I want to wait and see how we finish up this year on defense and see if we need to make a change. If we keep getting better and getting to the football why mess up something working? Just saying Brent Pry is a good DC. I would definitely be getting Brent Key and Brent Pry mixed up if he did wind up Ga Tech. lol
Not saying that approach is wrong but it’s kind of how we wound up with Thacker again this year.

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Not saying that approach is wrong but it’s kind of how we wound up with Thacker again this year.
Ga Tech has the same problem on defense as Penn State does, if it’s 3rd and 19 I get very nervous lol…I believe Ga Tech ranks 128th on 3rd down and Penn St is 127th lol…we gotta give ‘em some love though because the defense does keep fighting and they have gotten better and helped win a few games for us. They do get to the football on run plays.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Ga Tech has the same problem on defense as Penn State does, if it’s 3rd and 19 I get very nervous lol…I believe Ga Tech ranks 128th on 3rd down and Penn St is 127th lol…we gotta give ‘em some love though because the defense does keep fighting and they have gotten better and helped win a few games for us. They do get to the football on run plays.
I went to look this up and noticed Tech, Southern, State, and the gaggers are all top 20 in 3rd down conversions on offense, which I though was interesting.

Regarding 3rd down stops, Tech is 110th, but Penn State is 8th, allowing only 28.7% conversion rate.

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
I went to look this up and noticed Tech, Southern, State, and the gaggers are all top 20 in 3rd down conversions on offense, which I though was interesting.

Regarding 3rd down stops, Tech is 110th, but Penn State is 8th, allowing only 28.7% conversion rate.
3rd and long Penn St is terrible brother, trust me lol. Penn St is good on defense unless it’s 3rd and a mile lol. It was just joking sarcasm on the stats from me lol
UnderlionWonder where we stand on 3rd and 8 plus relative to other teams. It does seem we are bad…that was a post from yesterday game from underlion lol

Last edited:

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
You drinking? Penn State is 8th in 3rd defense. LOL

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
You drinking? Penn State is 8th in 3rd defense. LOL
3rd and short and the Penn St defense is good but 3rd and a mile we’re terrible lol. Most of the time it is 3rd and short but man we all get nervous if it’s 3rd and 19. The underlion was a post from yesterday game and you see what he said lol

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
3rd and short and the Penn St defense is good but 3rd and a mile we’re terrible lol. Most of the time it is 3rd and short but man we all get nervous if it’s 3rd and 19. The underlion was a post from yesterday game and you see what he said lol
Whenever our D gets our opponent in 3rd and forever, my first thought is, "They've got us just where they want us." I'm hoping for the day when I can actually feel good about an opponent in 3rd and long.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Lville was lethargic but lucky. UVA played well.
Hope the UVA RB is OK. Never heard an update other than awake but not moving, taken to hospital. That’s scary stuff.