2023 ACC News & Discussion

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Not much difference in most ACC Teams. FSU is clearly the best team. Louisville is a good team but not a giant leap above the pack. Clemson might be the most talented team but clearly they have played below their talent level. UNC has a great QB so they are rarely out of any game. Miami is strange. All the rest including GT can win or lose any give game to any other Conference team.

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
FSU will need to replace their QB who is a very good and experienced player as well as their top 2 receivers. They have a lot of talent on their roster.
F$U is good at buying replacements as their best WR and TE were not on their roster last year. I expect them to buy the best free agent QB available next year.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
F$U is good at buying replacements as their best WR and TE were not on their roster last year. I expect them to buy the best free agent QB available next year.
I don't fault them and no doubt they will try. Getting a really good QB is not the easiest position to get out of the Portal.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Miami and Louisville are locked up in a scoring duel, 21- 14 Miami, 7:42 left in 2nd Qtr.

Unfortunately, both can't lose. I expect Miami will find a way to lose though. L'Ville has found a way to win when they shouldn't.

Want to see UVa, Wake and NC State win though. Like those three schools.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
With one second to go in the first half at midfield L'ville player gets a targeting call when 2 of his teammates had the runner wrapped up and he was falling to the ground!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
College football in big cities is a struggle. Counter-intuitive (to me)... but a real problem.
Yep. More people available to go to games but more stuff available to do other than going to games.

I still remember when the Braves came to Atlanta in 66 and crowds were large, both for the Braves and Tech. But then more and more pro teams came in, night life kicked up a bit, Six Flags was popular and people found more and more things to do with a Saturday.

I love reading old stories about college football back in the day when crowds turned out in places like Chicago and NY. NFL was considered by many sports writers to be an inferior product compared to the best college teams.