2023-24 Season Countdown

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If that was the case he would have been gone with the investigation or at the latest when he plead guilty not in this period when noone but the most ardent fans are thinking about the team.
Joan Gabel became the 19th chancellor of the University of Pittsburgh on July 17, 2023. About a month before he was suddenly no longer a student at Pitt. I wonder how well admitted domestic abuse sits with a female college president?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Joan Gabel became the 19th chancellor of the University of Pittsburgh on July 17, 2023. About a month before he was suddenly no longer a student at Pitt. I wonder how well admitted domestic abuse sits with a female college president?

This is what the Pitt fans were alluding to as the only thing that's changed since the school made their deal with the kid.

That said though, I'd say a huge problem in college sports is that domestic abuse sits a little too well with male college presidents.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
The Pups picked up some high level players, but so did the bees.The battle of the two new coaches should be interesting.
Takes the cake for the absolute worst venue in college hoops that I've ever been to though. Bad sightlines, decrepit lighting, parking is terrible. The cafeteria-style concession stands might be the only redeeming quality. Still, I will make the trek down 316.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Another possibility is that there was pressure from social activist groups from outiside the Athletic Department placed on the program to not allow the player back. The kid may have been cancelled from without.
This is what feels correct in 2023

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
11/6 - Georgia Southern
11/14 - UMass Lowell
11/22 - @Cincinnati
11/28 - Mississippi State
12/5 - @georgia
12/17 - Penn State (Holiday Hoopsgiving)
12/21 - UMass (Diamond Head Classic)
12/22 - Diamond Head Classic
12/24 - Diamond Head Classic

Missing anything here or does anybody have any intel? I really hope we don't get screwed in the front end of the ACC schedule like we always do. ACC December game is probably penned for 12/2 based on other ACC teams schedules that have been released. Expecting buy games to be announced for 11/11, 11/18, and 11/25 to round out the non-conference schedule. 11/6 will be a double header with the women's team playing Coastal Carolina.

Last edited:

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
11/6 - Georgia Southern
11/14 - UMass Lowell
11/22 - @Cincinnati
12/5 - @georgia

Missing anything here or does anybody have any intel? I really hope we don't get screwed in the front end of the ACC schedule like we always do. ACC December game is probably penned for 12/2 based on other ACC teams schedules that have been released. Expecting buy games to be announced for 11/11, 11/18, and 11/25 to round out the non-conference schedule. 11/6 will be a double header with the women's team playing Coastal Carolina.
I had not seen the Penn State game previously. That will be another solid test.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
11/6 - Georgia Southern
11/14 - UMass Lowell
11/22 - @Cincinnati
12/5 - @georgia

I do not see any problems so far. My take on the schedule:

We will have 20 ACC games, so the OCC schedule is probably limited to 11 games. Expect one more to slip into November and another once the conference schedule is announced. The ACC Tournament is beginning a week later this year so the ACC may not schedule us for three games in December. There will be ten weeks from Jan 1 to the tournament, but the odd number of ACC teams requires an off night during one of those weeks. That will force us into one December conference game.

Caveat: Teams are allowed to schedule 27 games, plus up to four non-conference tournament games. The Diamondhead Classic is three games. If the Holiday Hoopsgiving counts as a tournament, we will get 11 OOC games. Otherwise, we get ten. Conference tournaments and post-season games are extra.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
3-3

You put your hands on a woman you’re no longer a man. And boy, I’m from northern Maine, these women will throw hands after they drink you under the table. Still, you don’t do it.
I've always had a personal rule, don't fight out of your weight class. It's a good way to get hurt.....

Fight Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos