2023-2024 Ga. Tech WBB

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree, but the timing of going portal now means she will almost certainly not play much, if any, basketball this year. I cannot see a P6 team picking her up right before classes start. So she is using her RS year to sit out the season. That is why I think there is more to the story. Her 2022 playing time and stats have been known for a while.
I tend to agree. It seems very odd that she would just up and leave in the middle of a European tour. Granted I don't have any idea what occurred here but if I had to guess I think it may have been her seeing that younger players were getting minutes that she had hoped or thought would be hers. Even then I don't know why she couldn't just wait a few days until the team returned home before making the move. Let's put it this way, I hope it was over playing time and not something more serious. Regardless of the reason I wish her well and hope she finds happiness someplace better suited to her talents.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Kie Aundria Acre // 2017 class // 6’0” // Wing Forward // Albany, Ga. // Blue Star 30 // FBC United // GT, Pitt., Miss. St., Miami, UCF, all offered. South Carolina, Tenn. in contact.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Wrong team/thread but you should go. The volleyball team is one of our best programs and the games are fun, whether you know the sport well or not.
I thought I had moved it....it is posted in the volleyball forum also. I will be there!

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Wrong team/thread but you should go. The volleyball team is one of our best programs and the games are fun, whether you know the sport well or not.

Agreed. As the husband of a Nebraska Cornhusker, I'm always surprised at how much fan support their non-rev sports have. Volleyball in particular - they are constantly in the push for the national championship, and the fans come out in droves to support their team (same goes for other non-rev sports, but volleyball is a big one, as is softball).

Perhaps this is because their men's basketball team has been awful for ages - but it's really cool to see the level of fan support these other often-overlooked teams have. Talk about a good reason to choose Nebraska as a recruit - compare playing a mostly-empty secondary volleyball court at most schools to playing a sold-out match in the biggest arena in Lincoln at U of N.

IOW, we should all go to see women's basketball, volleyball, and any other GT sport we can as often as we can. The support we give is meaningful - and they're a heck of a lot of fun to watch, too.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Our volleyball team is proof that if you win the fans will show up. I think every game for the past 2 years and this year as well, have all been sellouts. Granted we play in a much smaller gym than that of Nebraska but still. We have another game scheduled for McCamish later in the year. If we could sell that out we might see more games scheduled there, although I know our coaching staff likes the advantages of playing in O'Keefe. I believe if our football and basketball teams become top ranked teams again they will get the fans back. Being in a city like Atlanta with all sorts of entertainment options, fans will go to see winners. A place like Lincoln Nebraska will draw fans whether they win or lose because what else is there to do?

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Our volleyball team is proof that if you win the fans will show up. I think every game for the past 2 years and this year as well, have all been sellouts. Granted we play in a much smaller gym than that of Nebraska but still. We have another game scheduled for McCamish later in the year. If we could sell that out we might see more games scheduled there, although I know our coaching staff likes the advantages of playing in O'Keefe. I believe if our football and basketball teams become top ranked teams again they will get the fans back. Being in a city like Atlanta with all sorts of entertainment options, fans will go to see winners. A place like Lincoln Nebraska will draw fans whether they win or lose because what else is there to do?

Be that as it may...a recruit doesn't really care about "A place like Lincoln Nebraska will draw fans whether they win or lose because what else is there to do?" if they see one place where they sell out every game and another with lackluster fan support. If they go for a visit to UNL, they see a TON of fan support, a nice campus, and a cool downtown with a ton of great bars filled with other college students. Seems like there's plenty to do as a college student.

So the excuse you mentioned may be rational, but it doesn't help convince athletes to come play for us.

I'm glad we've been selling out. I want to see that continue, and us to continue to win. Neither should be mutually-exclusive.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Be that as it may...a recruit doesn't really care about "A place like Lincoln Nebraska will draw fans whether they win or lose because what else is there to do?" if they see one place where they sell out every game and another with lackluster fan support. If they go for a visit to UNL, they see a TON of fan support, a nice campus, and a cool downtown with a ton of great bars filled with other college students. Seems like there's plenty to do as a college student.

So the excuse you mentioned may be rational, but it doesn't help convince athletes to come play for us.

I'm glad we've been selling out. I want to see that continue, and us to continue to win. Neither should be mutually-exclusive.
I have been to Lincoln and agree with everything you said about the fun downtown scene, campus, etc. That is pretty common for large state universities located in college towns that revolve around the school. Look at Clemson, Tuscaloosa, Gainesville, FL et al. But my point was about how that same kind of crowd support is there for big city schools like Atlanta if they win consistently. Otherwise, there are a lot of other alternatives in sports, music, bars, etc. they can turn to. While the college towns like Lincoln certainly have some alternatives like you listed, there are not near as many as cities like Atlanta, Miami or Pittsburgh to name a few which helps explain the difference in fan support in many cases.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
DateOpponentLocation
Nov. 2Georgia College (Exhibition)McCamish Pavilion
Nov. 6Coastal CarolinaMcCamish Pavilion
Nov. 11FurmanMcCamish Pavilion
Nov. 16at RiceHouston, Texas
Nov. 19Kennesaw StateMcCamish Pavilion
Nov. 23vs. CreightonCancun, Mexico
Nov. 24vs. New MexicoCancun, Mexico
Nov. 29FloridaMcCamish Pavilion
Dec. 2at NebraskaLincoln, Neb.
Dec. 5MercerMcCamish Pavilion
Dec. 10Georgia StateMcCamish Pavilion
Dec. 16at GeorgiaAthens, Ga.
Dec. 20USC UpstateMcCamish Pavilion

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Top 60 point guard Danielle Carnegie commits to GT!!!
Looking at this young lady's film all I can say is she is not your average talent. Very athletic beyond her years. Shoots well with both hands in traffic. Excellent touch from three. And an offer list that includes many of the top schools. Glad she chose us and can't wait to see her on the court with some of our other young talent. Welcome to Tech Danielle.