2022 MLB Draft

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
In my defense I was basing my take on the box score listed on the team site for that sixth game that had him batting .280 and hitting his 2nd and 3rd doubles of the year instead of the 5 on the year. Using that info he would be a very pedestrian part of the lineup compared to the big numbers being put up by our lineup. Still the fact of the matter is he had 7 hits after 6 games which is not "hitting the cover off the ball". Not bad but not like he was on some sort of hot streak either which was my point. And by the time he was ready to come back Reid was on a hot streak. So are you saying if you were the coach you would have put Reid on the bench and put Deleo back in right field? I can see where it might have made sense to try him in center but he was not going to play right and take a hot power bat out of the lineup.
Lol ok bud. If you want to be negative and take swipes at the low hanging fruit go over to the football forum. Or we can keep going with the bad takes.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol ok bud. If you want to be negative and take swipes at the low hanging fruit go over to the football forum. Or we can keep going with the bad takes.
Not being negative at all. Go back and look at the original post where I stated I hope he takes it as motivation and has a strong season next year. I merely pointed out that he wasn't having a phenomenal year, which I think 7 hits in 6 games proves to be true, and that when he came back from injury his replacement was playing too well for him to be given his old job back. You chose to to use stats like the fact that he had 5 doubles to argue the point. The bad takes are coming from you not me. For example, I asked would you have given him his job back when he came back from injury while Reid was playing his best ball since he came to Tech and you failed to answer the question. Yes or no? Or will you hide behind your "bad take" BS and not answer the question...bud.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Not being negative at all. Go back and look at the original post where I stated I hope he takes it as motivation and has a strong season next year. I merely pointed out that he wasn't having a phenomenal year, which I think 7 hits in 6 games proves to be true, and that when he came back from injury his replacement was playing too well for him to be given his old job back. You chose to to use stats like the fact that he had 5 doubles to argue the point. The bad takes are coming from you not me. For example, I asked would you have given him his job back when he came back from injury while Reid was playing his best ball since he came to Tech and you failed to answer the question. Yes or no? Or will you hide behind your "bad take" BS and not answer the question...bud.
wow, sorry I started the topic now. I personally thought/think that Jake has a lot of potential and was hoping he would get a little more "run" when he came back from injury ..... maybe by moving Reid into the DH slot. All that being said, we had a very good offensive team last year and it would have been hard to bump anyone out of the lineup. I'm glad that he stuck with us, didn't hit the portal and will be on the flats next year. I would think he would be a front runner to take one of the starting outfield positions.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
Do we have a thread tracking who has signed and what bonuses they received?

ETA: I assumed that, since the Braves have announced several signings that all teams had, but it looks like the Braves are the outliers on this. Most teams haven't announced many signings at all yet.

Last edited:

BuzzFan45

Georgia Tech Fan
1658518252907.jpeg

Next Stop... Cincinnati Reds Training and Development Complex in Goodyear, AZ!

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
So interesting to see the bonuses. Some were chunky!

So I guess there is slot and then their bonus pools as mentioned in this article.

Interesting for sure.
Live the Braves link. Cool to see how it works and the guys are getting more than I thought

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Please correct me if I'm taking this incorrectly...

So Owen Murphy (HS) for example.
Got his slot and a bonus of $2.556M? So he got a total of Slot+Bonus = $5,966,100? or did he only go for $2,556,900?

Drake Baldwin (4yr) got $635,800+$633,300 = $1,269,100? or did he only go for $633,300?

Cory Acton $159,800 plus the $2,500 bonus makes more sense....
1658543408841.png

Last edited:

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Reds listings so far...
so Zach went under slot (doesn't show bonuses)?

1658543835167.png

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Please correct me if I'm taking this incorrectly...

So Owen Murphy (HS) for example.
Got his slot and a bonus of $2.556M? So he got a total of Slot+Bonus = $5,966,100?
Drake Baldwin (4yr) got $635,800+$633,300 = $1,269,100?

View attachment 12730
No the slot value listed is the value for the pick. The “Bonus” column is what they signed for.

So Owen Murphy’s suggested pick value was $3.4M, but he only signed for $2.5M, or $900k under slot value.

Reds listings so far...
so Zach went under slot (doesn't show bonuses)?

View attachment 12731
Maxwell singed for $225k, or about $50k under his slot value.

The slot value is just a suggestion based on a team’s available pool. So most players will sign for somewhere near that value, but very rarely exactly on the number.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Also a good illustration of how teams save pool money for later rounds and for “over slot” deals without going over their allotted bonus pool money. That’s why it makes no sense for older players to come back to school to “improve their draft stock” when they will have no leverage and/or diminished leverage because they are either older or have no eligibility left. When all of the figures are completed and populated on the MLB Draft Tracker you will see some higher bonuses for some players in the higher rounds then the lower rounds as a result of teams saving money in the early rounds by signing players to “under slot” deals. The tracker allows you to track the draft by player or school, so you can see how the GT players did financially.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
oh ok,. Great information and illustration.
So Zach is the only one to agree to terms so far.

1658576607122.png

Then if you look at the early rounders.... You can see the savings with Rocker signing for 5.2 and that's how the Rangers were able to give Brock Porter 4M in a later round...now given all these early round gents were already agreed upon - What is the delay now? just curious.
And delays in these early rounds mess with the "over slotting" later I guess. and then the Teams get 5% wiggle room.

So the Covid eligibility didn't kick in here or mean anything?
How does redshirt work with eligibility? Or do you still need to go before 22 or 23?

1658576690894.png

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Going by 22 or 23 is ideal with some eligibility left. If you follow “Jim Callis” on twitter you will see most of the updated signings. Interesting to note that “Lipscomb” from Tennessee actually received slot value even with no eligibility left. I believe it was the highest bonus for a position player who actually played four years. This is absolutely the exception to the standard operating procedure of paying older kids with no eligibility next to nothing. Kid had a great year and is valued by the organization that signed him. Conversely the “Acton” kid from UGA got $2,500.00.