Helluva Manager
Staff member
4 Games announced.

Clemson is at 8 P.M.

1653591665619.png

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Of course the Clemson game means those attending and not staying close by won't be getting home to sleep until early Tuesday morning... a work and school night.
Thank you TV for @#%#$% over those that you want to attend the game. JMO

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I am thankful that the game on the 10th will be at 7 PM and not in the worst part of the heat of the day.

Unfortunately, can't say the same about the game on the 17th.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Working Friday nights and coming from 3 hours away, 3:30 games are perfect. BUT I WILL NEVER CRITICIZE A HOME NIGHT GAME IN SEPTEMBER!!!! I'm pumped ladies and gentlemen. 101 days until we beat Clempson!!

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Meh…I happen to be one of the weirdos who likes breakfast tailgates. Mimosas and Bloody Marys. Croissant French toast. Biscuits with hot-on-the-spot sausage gravy. Jalapeño-cheddar cornbread waffles.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Of course the Clemson game means those attending and not staying close by won't be getting home to sleep until early Tuesday morning... a work and school night.
Thank you TV for @#%#$% over those that you want to attend the game. JMO
TV could care less about whether you attend the game. Frankly, TV would rather you do not attend the game and watch on your TV at home.

Why do you think attendance has been dropping for over a decade now in every conference. It is TV that controls when games are, not the schools. That was deal made to get all that sweet TV money.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
TV could care less about whether you attend the game. Frankly, TV would rather you do not attend the game and watch on your TV at home.

Why do you think attendance has been dropping for over a decade now in every conference. It is TV that controls when games are, not the schools. That was deal made to get all that sweet TV money.
... I think you meant that they could NOT care less... and you would be correct 😉

I know that my voice to text, and typing skills don't always end up saying what I thought I was entering. We'll chalk it up to a skipped word. 😊

Last edited:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Assume that you may not attend in person... 😊

Saturday evening games are great, especially in September.
I put a red emoji because that's hot damn hot it is in bds in September.

These times are great.

If we do relativly well in these games, we could get good tv times with miami, fsu and unc.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Meh…I happen to be one of the weirdos who likes breakfast tailgates. Mimosas and Bloody Marys. Croissant French toast. Biscuits with hot-on-the-spot sausage gravy. Jalapeño-cheddar cornbread waffles.
GTpdm -
You are going to love my reply. A breakfast tailgate and a late kickoff are NOT mutually exclusive events! Just add a V run (or two) later for additional calories and then head over to BDS for the 3:30 or 7 PM kickoff. Regulating alcohol intake throughout a day long tailgate is critical (occasionally drink some fluids without booze. My wife makes me drink something called water from time to time during these things). Practice does make perfect so don't worry if you get it wrong the first time or two! A late day 4 hour nap when your tailgating group is at the game is a perfect way to sober up for the drive home. ;)

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
Assume that you may not attend in person... 😊

Saturday evening games are great, especially in September.
Moved to lake oconee from Marietta several months ago.
Late Night drive after late game May limit attending all night games unless I can find someone to go with me .

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Any announcement on homecoming. The usual end of October weekends are away this year. Usually around Halloween.