2022 Atlanta Braves

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Per MLBTR-
The Braves have a new closer, as they announced agreement Friday evening with Kenley Jansen to a one-year, $16MM contract. (Atlanta discloses their own contract terms). The Wasserman client had spent his entire career with the Dodgers, but he’s headed to one of the National League’s other powerhouses this season. In order to clear space on the 40-man roster, Atlanta placed reliever Jay Jackson on the 60-day injured list to a right lat strain,

Will Smith agreed to move over to the 8th inning in making the team better. I’ll call him option 1(b). Jansen can’t close them all. He did have 38 last season.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Per MLBTR-
The Braves have a new closer, as they announced agreement Friday evening with Kenley Jansen to a one-year, $16MM contract. (Atlanta discloses their own contract terms). The Wasserman client had spent his entire career with the Dodgers, but he’s headed to one of the National League’s other powerhouses this season. In order to clear space on the 40-man roster, Atlanta placed reliever Jay Jackson on the 60-day injured list to a right lat strain,

Will Smith agreed to move over to the 8th inning in making the team better. I’ll call him option 1(b). Jansen can’t close them all. He did have 38 last season.
I love this deal. Our bullpen is elite and easily the best in the game on paper.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I love this deal. Our bullpen is elite and easily the best in the game on paper.
Exactly.
Keep Jackson away from the late innings. This gives Will Smith some of those less pressured outings, too! Keep him mentally strong throughout the long season.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Man, this almost makes me forget I'm devastated Freeman's no longer here.

Almost.

evil eye GIF

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I invited a bunch of people from StingTalk. They didn’t show.
I didn’t know about it, since I was only casually over there several years ago. Mostly a Hiver.
But seriously, I would chip in to absorb some costs. Would even catch @kg01 ’s share(the young family man).
Otherwise, I’ll have to live vicariously through your baseball posts. Smile? Ha!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Jorge Soler has gone to the Marlins, 3 years at $36M. Opting out clauses for the player after each of the first 2 years in the contract. For instance, he can be a free agent again at age 31 which is before next Spring.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Freeman quote per his father who was with him when the Olson trade was announced: “I can’t believe it. Why didn’t they tell me? How did this happen? Out of nowhere, they didn’t tell me they were moving on. How does that happen?'”

AA literally told the agent they were working a trade for Matt Olson and that the agent had 1 hour or the deal would go through. Sounds like the agent really screwed up - didn’t even take an offer back to his client.
If FF shares his experience with other players, that agent should be toast. Unforgivable not giving the client the opportunity to make the decision.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
Holy cow. Dodgers with $100M greater payroll than the Braves. 9 times greater than the Orioles. Mets spending tons of cash to lose.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The next day, Close and Anthopoulos spoke, and, according to four sources, Close told Anthopoulous that the Braves had an hour to accept one of two proposals — a six-year, $175 million deal, an average of a little more than $29 million a year, or a five-year, $165 million deal, an average of $33 million per season.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Well; good news I understand that Ozuna has his guilty chg thrown out!!! So hoooray for him and bless him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!