2022 Atlanta Braves

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Ok, time for y'all eggsperts to toss out some season predictions.

I read a NY-centric one where like half the prognosticators had the Mets as wining the NL East. :rolleyes:

I'm not gonna look directly at @Buzzbomb for this, but I'm definitely lookin in his direction. :whistle:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Ok, time for y'all eggsperts to toss out some season predictions.

I read a NY-centric one where like half the prognosticators had the Mets as wining the NL East. :rolleyes:

I'm not gonna look directly at @Buzzbomb for this, but I'm definitely lookin in his direction. :whistle:
Appreciate you looking my way, however you do realize I’m a couple of ants short of a picnic. My cheese has slipped off of my cracker!

In a very uneggsplainable toss into the scrambled pan of the yEast going back into my socially distanced refrigerator and its handle…
1)Atlanta Big Sus-spenders
2)NY Flushingers w/ A Wealthy Owner(sorry CincyMet to pick you second)
3)Philly Steaks & Pretzels
4)Marleens(don’t worry @kg01, Jose Urena-ss is with the Brew Crew this year)
5)Nats on The Back Porch(apologies to Fred, he’s another better deserving dude)

You didn’t ask about players. Volunteering Jorge Soler comes back to the Bravos in July, just as soon as the Florida group realizes they are closer to Biscayne Bay- than the Atlanta W.S. repeat trophy to be housed in Cobb County.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Appreciate you looking my way, however you do realize I’m a couple of ants short of a picnic. My cheese has slipped off of my cracker!

In a very uneggsplainable toss into the scrambled pan of the yEast going back into my socially distanced refrigerator and its handle…

You didn’t ask about players. Volunteering Jorge Soler comes back to the Bravos in July, just as soon as the Florida group realizes they are closer to Biscayne Bay- than the Atlanta W.S. repeat trophy to be housed in Cobb County.

The Adam Duvall plan then?

Why's everybody so high on the mets? Showalter walk on water or something?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
deGrom is out for at least a month. He has a stress reaction in his right scapula and this is a contract year, therefore I don’t see him pushing his health.

Duvall(starts in CF)probably moves over to LF, when Acuna returns in May. I would think Rosario would play RF, but that’s not etched in stone. They could flip flop. Ozuna becomes the full-time DH, at that point.

Contreras has been hitting well the Spring. He is the DH for the interim. Pina is the back up C.

Rodriguez is not w/ Atlanta, however he just tested positive for PED’s.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

Nationals will finish last. Only way to avoid that is multiple players come out of nowhere with career years & jumps in production. And that just doesn't happen.

Mets fans should probably be concerned about Scherzer's aging body. Last couple of years he's started to show earky signs of breakdown. Neck & leg issues that became nagging. Dodgers managed to wear his arm out in post-season too.

Braves seem like the favorite to take division to me.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Nationals will finish last. Only way to avoid that is multiple players come out of nowhere with career years & jumps in production. And that just doesn't happen.

Mets fans should probably be concerned about Scherzer's aging body. Last couple of years he's started to show earky signs of breakdown. Neck & leg issues that became nagging. Dodgers managed to wear his arm out in post-season too.

Braves seem like the favorite to take division to me.

We can make room on the 'wagon for you, FredJ

bathroom GIF

Oh no, wrong gif. That's for my other forum(s). :sneaky:

(I'm just messin' with you, Fredro. I'm not crazy. Really. Just ask the other me's.)

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Always wondered why they didn't use him. Not that that's related to the PED's, just wondered.
After the MLB cracked down hard on "illegal substances" his spin rate dropped, his velocity was down, and his numbers skyrocketed. Even still, the numbers he was putting up in Pittsburgh was unsustainable according to advanced metrics.

Somebody much smarter than I can probably find the stats floating around the internet.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
After the MLB cracked down hard on "illegal substances" his spin rate dropped, his velocity was down, and his numbers skyrocketed. Even still, the numbers he was putting up in Pittsburgh was unsustainable according to advanced metrics.

Somebody much smarter than I can probably find the stats floating around the internet.

That explains a lot. Probably saw what was under the hood after spending some time here. Interesting.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
That explains a lot. Probably saw what was under the hood after spending some time here. Interesting.
I remember at the time of the trade I was so unhappy that we gave up Bryse Wilson for him, especially after how Wilson pitched against the Dodgers in the NLCS. Even more so when we saw how poorly Rodriguez pitched when he got here. I looked back on the stats for Wilson and he really didn't do much of anything in Pittsburgh this past year so I guess the trade will be counted as a flush in the end. But you are right, we saw what was going on after he got here and thankfully Snit shut him down in the postseason and rode the Night Shift to a WS trophy! It even made me a temporary Luke Jackson fan which I thought would be impossible!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I remember at the time of the trade I was so unhappy that we gave up Bryse Wilson for him, especially after how Wilson pitched against the Dodgers in the NLCS. Even more so when we saw how poorly Rodriguez pitched when he got here. I looked back on the stats for Wilson and he really didn't do much of anything in Pittsburgh this past year so I guess the trade will be counted as a flush in the end. But you are right, we saw what was going on after he got here and thankfully Snit shut him down in the postseason and rode the Night Shift to a WS trophy! It even made me a temporary Luke Jackson fan which I thought would be impossible!

Amused Jeff Goldblum GIF

Why is this my first time hearing this nickname?

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
What?!? By far one of the best names for any bullpen ever! Also, when you win a WS with it, it gives you a little street cred:

Fast And Furious Street GIF by The Fast Saga

Here's a great article about it and shows the tight bond these guys have!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
uhm .... anybody else get a lil' cringy at the latest comments from Acuna on Fred-E?

Avoid The Office GIF

Sounds like they were uhhh ... not close.

Honestly sounds like he felt Freeman was one of the ones knocking his 'style' as a rookie. Truth be told, he (Freeman) could've just been trying to mentor him. Help him become a 'pro'. But you never know how that messaging is being received. Sounds like it wasn't well received.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Acuna is an immature kid with extraordinary talent. He lacks respect for the game. Nobody cares what he says. He just needs to hit.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
uhm .... anybody else get a lil' cringy at the latest comments from Acuna on Fred-E?

Avoid The Office GIF

Sounds like they were uhhh ... not close.

Honestly sounds like he felt Freeman was one of the ones knocking his 'style' as a rookie. Truth be told, he (Freeman) could've just been trying to mentor him. Help him become a 'pro'. But you never know how that messaging is being received. Sounds like it wasn't well received.
Acuna is an immature kid with extraordinary talent. He lacks respect for the game. Nobody cares what he says. He just needs to hit.
Must ado about nothing.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer

I agree Buzz. The Braves are the favorites to win the division until another team proves otherwise.