2022 Atlanta Braves

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
At this point, I'm going to be really sad and disappointed if he leaves, but I think the Braves made more than a fair offer for him.
Braves made a fair offer. I also think they should be willing to go $180/6.

If the Dodgers offer $200, I won’t be upset. That’s too much. But if the Dodger get him just because of an extra year, I’ll be pissed

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Gentlemen, this is how it goes. If the Braves lose him, they didn't make a 'fair' offer. This is the face of your franchise that could've left any time during your down years but didn't. If you don't owe him, who do you owe?

This is sports. There's nothing 'sensible' about the money. Stop pinching pennies when you're opposition is lighting their cigars with $50 bills.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Reportedly the Braves have offered Freeman 5 yrs. @145 m.
That‘s 29 million a year. If you are going to go that far out into his 30’s, give him an option 6 th year that his agents are insisting on? Should that be the holdup.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
Just traded for Matt Olson. It’s been real Freddie. 😭 although the hopeful side of me recognizes Olson is a phenomenal player and younger … so there’s that.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow. Feels terrible to lose Freeman. The only good is that I didn't pick up a jersey.

Braves should have a lot of money to spend.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sick He-Man GIF

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I remember doing the math prior to the lockout. The Braves had almost no money to spend after resigning Freeman. With this move, they can sign another outfielder like Soler or Rosario plus a few bullpen arms.

View attachment 12206
A lot more people came out to see Freeman than Soler or Rosario. It’s not just about the game, MLB is also about entertainment, superstars, etc.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
A lot more people came out to see Freeman than Soler or Rosario. It’s not just about the game, MLB is also about entertainment, superstars, etc.
Yep, but we still have superstars in Fried, Acuna, Albies, Riley, and now Olson. We'll be fine as much as I hate to lose Freddie. We really need to bring back one of Rosario or Pederson now though. The lineup needs another Lefty bat.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I remember doing the math prior to the lockout. The Braves had almost no money to spend after resigning Freeman. With this move, they can sign another outfielder like Soler or Rosario plus a few bullpen arms.

View attachment 12206
It just don't feel right. But let's talk about the important things.

Can I borrow your vest?

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
Fangraphs released their projections for 2022.

For Braves: 84.8% chance of making playoffs, 48.9% chance of winning NLEast, 8.7% chance of winning the WS.

Only NL team with better WS odds is the Dodgers. Astros, Yankees, Blue Jays ahead as well.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Rumors of Freeman to TOR.

*sigh*
As much as I hate that we let him go, I just hope he goes to the AL and NOT TO THE DODGERS!!!!!!

I was talking with my brother in law yesterday after the Olson news broke and told him it would be so great it the Angels ponied up the money and signed him out from under the Dodgers so that he still could go back to the West Coast and live in LA but not be in the NL!!! Wouldn't that flame some rivalry fires back up!!

Also, just heard we signed Olson to an 8 year contract extension...IMHO that had to happen. Couldn't give up as much as we did and not get him to sign long term with us.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Any word on contract terms? I will be pretty upset if the Braves’ deal for Olson took the air out of Freddie’s marketability and he ends up signing at or about the Braves last offer…

Bro, I dunno. I suspect ol' @Buzzbomb has the scoop but he's not tellin' us yet.

Meanwhile, I'll be (fake)hating Olson for the immortal crime of not being Freddie.

Take that, Matt. If that is your real name.

Episode 2 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Bro, I dunno. I suspect ol' @Buzzbomb has the scoop but he's not tellin' us yet.

Meanwhile, I'll be (fake)hating Olson for the immortal crime of not being Freddie.

Take that, Matt. If that is your real name.

Episode 2 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine
I imagine the agency representing Freeman, sure disliked the Braves trade yesterday. Taking a major player out of the bidding war that they created. I’m not against the player getting his market share, however some times it backfires. My analogy is in the Shark Tank. When only one shark is still in, the offer goes downwards. Not much to negotiate for the contestant. On the contrary, when the sharks bid against one another, the value goes up. Skyrocketing.

If it’s true that the Braves offered 5 @ 130m. before the strike in Dec. and then countered this weekend with different scenarios which included a 5 @ 145m. including a club option for a 6th year, then Freddie is going to have a more difficult time getting those numbers in his late 30’s. Reportedly, he still has a 3 year out there at 120m.??