2022 Atlanta Braves

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If they give up Freeman; then that will hurt the fan base so much that fan base will melt away!!

Heh, imagine if they let Fred-E walk to focus on bringing Ozuna back. You might melt before our very eyes.
He will resign here in the ATL.
The posturing is from his agency. Part of the negotiation game, to squeeze that turnip. Freddie is smart, he didn’t just fall off the turnip truck. Lol.

Hey, that's what we all want. But I can't say we haven't seen the Braves let a dude walk due to cheapness.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Will these soften the blow of losing Fred-E to the Dodgers since they don't wanna give him that 5th year?
I thought I read that the hold up was a 6th year, not 5th. Could be wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time, and won't be the last...

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The lockout is coming up shortly. Arcia was arbitration eligible through 2023, so obviously the Braves somehow thought his paltry numbers would get him what they signed him for.

Look for a 6 year/180 m. signing of Freddie? Braves were at 130-150 m. and the agency wants 200 m. The interesting thing is Oakland doesn’t think they can keep Matt Olson beyond his 2023 arbitration numbers, so Atlanta may have a contingency trade awaiting w/ the A’s? Freeman money can go to the young star, and the MLB Draft pick for losing a type A. The overstock of young pitching and possibly a catcher, would be the bait Atlanta tosses out into the Bay. Matt hit .271, 39 HR’s & 111 RBI’s.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
  • The Braves signed outfielder Guillermo Heredia to a one-year deal worth $1MM, tweetsKen Rosenthal of The Athletic. Heredia, 32 in January, played a larger role than expected in 2021 given the general tumult in the Atlanta outfield. His .220/.311/.354 batting line isn’t much to look at, but he was a solid hand against lefties (.258/.330/.427) and is a capable defender at all three outfield slots.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Braves have non-tendered right-handed pitcher Richard Rodriguez, reports MLB.com’s Mark Feinsand. Acquired in a mid-season deal with Pittsburgh, Rodriguez pitched to fine bottom-line results in Atlanta but carried worrying peripherals and faded down the stretch. MLBTR contributor Matt Swartz projected the former closer to make $3.1MM in his upcoming trip through arbitration.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Actually, yes he has.
I counted 43 games and over 200 innings. Adam has a .995> fielding % at 1B. Giants & Reds over 4 seasons, starting in 2014. Some reasons the Braves, Marlins haven’t played him there is because they had guys like Freeman & Riley, while he has won 2 gold gloves in the OF. It was a great question, and I couldn’t recall how many games since I mostly watched him vs. Atlanta. Matt Olson is the backup plan.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
As the Athletics prepare to reduce their payroll, first baseman Matt Olson stands out as an obvious and popular trade chip, even if Oakland naturally is asking for quite a bit in return for the All-Star. The Braves are among the teams who have “checked in” with the A’s about Olson, MLB Network’s Jon Heyman reports, while Evan Grant of The Dallas Morning News writes that the Rangers “have already begun investigating what it would take to get Olson.”