2022 Adidas Swag Watch

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
NEW baseball hats and t-shirt, available on Fanatics sites.
1645536490882.png

1645536505375.png

1645536520934.png

1645536587292.png

1645536607661.png

Attachments

• 1645536568416.png
    1645536568416.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 5

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
NEW adidas "muscle shirt", available from ramblinwreckstore.com.

View attachment 12167
No thanks. It’s bad enough that my beer belly would be prominent in the front, but people on the side would see I’m in obvious need of a man-bra! 🙂

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer

MikeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not surprised at all that everyone has different opinions on quality. Personally, I have Russell shirts that are holding up really well still, and the Adidas stuff is mostly all super thin/super cheap looking material not to mention the vinyl/plastic iron on symbols. My understanding, though, is that the uniforms are much better for the players, so I don't complain. My preference when we were looking would have been UA...
But, I'm so glad we have some other selections like section 103 now... I hope they are able to be successful.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'm not surprised at all that everyone has different opinions on quality. Personally, I have Russell shirts that are holding up really well still, and the Adidas stuff is mostly all super thin/super cheap looking material not to mention the vinyl/plastic iron on symbols. My understanding, though, is that the uniforms are much better for the players, so I don't complain. My preference when we were looking would have been UA...
But, I'm so glad we have some other selections like section 103 now... I hope they are able to be successful.
This is easy to fix. GT needs to license our logos to more companies that are willing to put a quality product out there for the fans. If Adidas is making it happen for the teams and the players, FANTASTIC! But, don't crap on the fans because Adidas doesn't want to put out quality products en masse. Loosen the reins a little and let's get some fantastic garb out there. I don't really care what colors they use.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Section 103 stuff is so great !!!! Adidas stuff just sucks

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
I was thinking something the other day. Last fall I visited both of my daughters at college (Duke, UF) and bought an assortment of swag / gear from each school. Last month my wife and I flew to Atlanta for a weekend and I stopped by the Bookstore. The relative selection is maybe 20% of what they have at either of the other schools. I get UF, but Duke ? We have more students and alums than Duke ? I honestly think this is more a B&N issue than Adidas being our provider. At both UF and Duke I bought Peter Millar 1/4 zip pullovers. Nothing like that at B&N. I can order sure, but seems a shame that we just don't have that to offer.

Probably repeating something that's been said a bunch, but I was really disappointed in the selection they had on hand. Couldn't even get a GT headcover for my driver. Had none...

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I was thinking something the other day. Last fall I visited both of my daughters at college (Duke, UF) and bought an assortment of swag / gear from each school. Last month my wife and I flew to Atlanta for a weekend and I stopped by the Bookstore. The relative selection is maybe 20% of what they have at either of the other schools. I get UF, but Duke ? We have more students and alums than Duke ? I honestly think this is more a B&N issue than Adidas being our provider. At both UF and Duke I bought Peter Millar 1/4 zip pullovers. Nothing like that at B&N. I can order sure, but seems a shame that we just don't have that to offer.

Probably repeating something that's been said a bunch, but I was really disappointed in the selection they had on hand. Couldn't even get a GT headcover for my driver. Had none...
The issue, that is slowly being resolved through independent websites, is that B&N run OUR bookstore. Most D1 FBS Power 5 have the bookstore, but also a large school ran, or contracted, swag only store that has everything you could imagine in you logo. We don't have that. That Green Bay Packers logo the school northeast of ATL uses is allowed to be on anything and sold anywhere. The GT logo is a sacred cow that only a few get the license to produce. This has always ticked me off. GT fans have money and want GT gear, but can't fine it anywhere.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
The limited merchandise really isn’t an adidas issue. It’s a GT issue by being ridiculously fickle about letting people use our logo and the fact the school knows Jack **** about marketing and branding! For being a school that likes to talk about education, how smart they are and the amount of millionaire graduates they have, they run a broke ***, uneducated business model on how to get people to notice us.