2022-23 Season

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
What do you think our NCAA tournament record (overall) is 2008-2022? The last 15 seasons

11 appearances (missed tournament 3 times & no tournament in 2020)

The record is 23-22.
Never went 0-2
Went 1-2 only one time.
That's 10 times Tech won 2 or 3 games in a regional.

In that same span, Ga Tech won 2 ACC tournaments.
2012 went 4-0 to win (8 team format)
2014 went 5-0 to win (10 team format)

It's just fluky that in all those seasons we couldn't get out of at least one regional. I know this may be "loser talk" but think about how crazy baseball is... & not once did "enough" go Ga Tech's way to get through in all that time.

I believe we've only been in a regional championship game in 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2013. That is, where we would've advanced if we'd won (obviously, the other team may advance if they're 2-0 and we're 2-1). So not only have we not won any regionals since 2006, we weren't particularly close in 7 of 11. And in the games where we had a chance to advance, we've been outscored 24-63.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I believe we've only been in a regional championship game in 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2013. That is, where we would've advanced if we'd won (obviously, the other team may advance if they're 2-0 and we're 2-1). So not only have we not won any regionals since 2006, we weren't particularly close in 7 of 11. And in the games where we had a chance to advance, we've been outscored 24-63.
0-6 in Regional clinching games in those four seasons across 17 years. When we came out of the losers bracket, we have only forced a second game twice and lost both times. The two times we came out of the winners bracket, we got swept both times. Once by Ugag and the other by Bama, when we lost to a midget pitcher.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I asked ChatGPT this:

"Write a story about Georgia Tech baseball."

And here's what I got, kind of funny. Not exactly Hemingway, but you can see some facts mixed in with the pabulum.

"Once upon a time, in the heart of Atlanta, Georgia, there was a baseball team at Georgia Institute of Technology, affectionately known as Georgia Tech. The team had a storied history and had produced many successful players, but in recent years, they had struggled to make it far in the NCAA tournament.
Coach Tom, who had been with the team for several years, knew that he needed to find a way to motivate his players and turn their fortunes around. He spent hours studying game footage and analyzing the team's weaknesses, determined to find a way to get them back on track.
One day, he called the team into the locker room and gave them a passionate speech. "We may have struggled in the past, but that doesn't mean we can't turn things around. We have the talent, the drive, and the determination to win. We just need to believe in ourselves and trust in each other."
The team responded to Coach Tom's words and began working harder than ever before. They practiced relentlessly, working on their hitting, pitching, and fielding skills. They watched films of their games, studying their opponents and learning from their mistakes.
As the season progressed, the team began to see results. They won game after game, rising up the rankings and earning a spot in the NCAA tournament. Fans packed the stands at Russ Chandler Stadium, cheering on the Yellow Jackets as they battled it out on the field.
In the final game of the tournament, Georgia Tech found themselves down by three runs in the bottom of the ninth inning. The tension was high as the opposing team's pitcher took the mound, but the Yellow Jackets refused to give up. One by one, they stepped up to the plate and delivered clutch hits, scoring one run after another.
With two outs and the bases loaded, it all came down to the team's star hitter, who had struggled throughout the tournament. He took a deep breath, adjusted his grip on the bat, and stared down the pitcher. The crowd fell silent as he swung with all his might, sending the ball soaring over the fence for a grand slam home run.
The stadium erupted in cheers as the Yellow Jackets rushed onto the field to celebrate their victory. Coach Tom embraced his players, tears of joy streaming down his face. "This is what it's all about," he said. "Working hard, believing in yourself, and never giving up. This is what Georgia Tech baseball is all about." And with that, the team raised the championship trophy high above their heads, proud to represent their school and their city."

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I asked ChatGPT this:

"Write a story about Georgia Tech baseball."

And here's what I got, kind of funny. Not exactly Hemingway, but you can see some facts mixed in with the pabulum.

"Once upon a time, in the heart of Atlanta, Georgia, there was a baseball team at Georgia Institute of Technology, affectionately known as Georgia Tech. The team had a storied history and had produced many successful players, but in recent years, they had struggled to make it far in the NCAA tournament.
Coach Tom, who had been with the team for several years, knew that he needed to find a way to motivate his players and turn their fortunes around. He spent hours studying game footage and analyzing the team's weaknesses, determined to find a way to get them back on track.
One day, he called the team into the locker room and gave them a passionate speech. "We may have struggled in the past, but that doesn't mean we can't turn things around. We have the talent, the drive, and the determination to win. We just need to believe in ourselves and trust in each other."
The team responded to Coach Tom's words and began working harder than ever before. They practiced relentlessly, working on their hitting, pitching, and fielding skills. They watched films of their games, studying their opponents and learning from their mistakes.
As the season progressed, the team began to see results. They won game after game, rising up the rankings and earning a spot in the NCAA tournament. Fans packed the stands at Russ Chandler Stadium, cheering on the Yellow Jackets as they battled it out on the field.
In the final game of the tournament, Georgia Tech found themselves down by three runs in the bottom of the ninth inning. The tension was high as the opposing team's pitcher took the mound, but the Yellow Jackets refused to give up. One by one, they stepped up to the plate and delivered clutch hits, scoring one run after another.
With two outs and the bases loaded, it all came down to the team's star hitter, who had struggled throughout the tournament. He took a deep breath, adjusted his grip on the bat, and stared down the pitcher. The crowd fell silent as he swung with all his might, sending the ball soaring over the fence for a grand slam home run.
The stadium erupted in cheers as the Yellow Jackets rushed onto the field to celebrate their victory. Coach Tom embraced his players, tears of joy streaming down his face. "This is what it's all about," he said. "Working hard, believing in yourself, and never giving up. This is what Georgia Tech baseball is all about." And with that, the team raised the championship trophy high above their heads, proud to represent their school and their city."
No stolen T's or mentioning a hatred for bulldogs. ChatGPT doesn't know us at all.

tkh74

Georgia Tech Fan
At 77 I don't have a lot of seasons left, and yet I've been ready for this season to end for quite a while!! By the middle of the season you could tell things just weren't going to get better on the bump. Indeed, it is rare to see a coach fail as badly as our pitching coach has! I always try to keep my expectations low, but my hopes high. Hope has nearly left the building, and when you lose hope ........