2022-23 GTWBB

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Has Nell signed any bigs for next season? Blackshear has been solid, but Hermosa is a senior (does she have a CoVid year available?) and nobody else on the front line has really shown much. The freshman guards look very promising (assuming they all stay), but really need some bangers/rebounders up front.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
-ARIADNA TERMIS CASAS C 6-6 / Zaragoza, Spain(Barcelona-Spanish Federation National Team, Last 3 years). Biochemistry major. Committed to GT on 08-18-22.

-RUSNE AUGUSTINAITE- POSITION: G / HEIGHT 5-11/ HOMETOWN Siauliai, Lithuania/ Montverde Academy, Orlando Fla. area. Commitment to Ga. Tech on 10-14-2022.

-D’Asia Thomas
6’3” Post- Houston Christian (Hockley, Texas)
CyFair Elite 17u Eybl c/o 2023. Final 2: Alabama(in home on 09/12/22) & G.T. Other offers were from: VT, Houston, Tex. Tech, Sou. Miss., Ohio St., Oklahoma, Tulsa, N. Tex., SMU, W. Va., Ariz. St., Wich. St., Stephen F. Austin. Decision Day is 10-16-22 @ 10 a.m. Committed to Ga. Tech on 10-16 in her Church. Thank the Lord!
ASGR #79 Nationally. Prep Girls Hoops #2 in Texas. ESPNW 4 stars, “93 grade” & #66 in top 100.

-Jada Bediako /C / 6’4” / 2023 / Southwest Academy / Brampton, ONTARIO/ Commitment to GT on 11/03/2022 over Ohio St.
Here's a list of Nell's commits. Bigs galore.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Interesting. Does Swartz have another year of eligibility?
Sir Richard thinks she might. Her step-dad is a lawyer and I believe he thought the NCAA was not going to grant the 2024 year. We will find out if Team Swartz files a petition after this season.

I wanted to say something about our inside game, without sounding too negative. I’m not sure either way on Blackshear for next year. Don’t think Hermosa or Aranaz will be back. Thomas is more of a WF. Termis and Jada are prospects who have not grown up with the hoop game. Harrison, Carter have not played enough to expect them to stay.

It appears like we will have one if not two rebuilding years, although it only takes a few great players to turn a basketball team around. I just don’t see us in the top 25, or for that matter one of the 40 best programs in the country.

USC-Staley’s all made 25k for this ‘22-23 season, each. I’m sure schools will come after Morgan & Dunn(our law firm at Tech, lol)for the portal.

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Outscored 15-5 in last 9 minutes today vs FSU today to turn a winnable game into a rout. This year’s team seems to always hit an extended dry run once or twice a game that kills them. No go-to inside offensive presence to break up those runs.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Tatum Greene 6’3” 2G. 2024
SJCHSBBALL//GT makes top 10; includes TexTech, Houston, BC, Syracuse, UNC, Mich.St, Auburn. Committed to Boston College.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Tough 3 quarters so far today.
20230226_171737.jpg