2022-23 GTWBB

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Not sure if you could see it on the television side, but Swartz had a shiner on her left eye, that sports makeup couldn’t hide. That shot she hit from Fowler St. at the end of the 3rd, was huuuge! We had so many clutch plays throughout the game. Coach used those timeouts perfectly at the end to take the ball out of bounds in front of our bench, instead of facing the backcourt press.

Past-near worked the WBB team out, when we were between coaches. Maybe Nellie can bring her staff over to MBB practice and school the dudes a little.
Can’t hurt any to try.
I wonder if Nell (or another woman) would ever be a candidate for a men's team job? She is a great coach and the turnaround by the Jackets is remarkable right now. Think about that FSU game versus tonight.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if Nell (or another woman) would ever be a candidate for a men's team job? She is a great coach and the turnaround by the Jackets is remarkable right now. Think about that FSU game versus tonight.
I think it would be a boon for recruiting. Imagine the eyes on our program with a woman at the helm. A woman just led UChicago’s men’s soccer team to a D3 national championship.

The thing I do worry about is the men’s and women’s basketball games are nearly different sports. If men/women use their personal basketball experience to coach a team of the opposite sex, they would get slaughtered. If a woman has previous experience with the men’s game (think: Becky Hammond), I’m all for it.

Even if not HC, I think our men’s team could benefit from a woman on the coaching staff. It’s all about putting all of our differing experiences and perspectives together to get better at solving problems (such as figuring out how to score more than 50 points in a game 🙃).

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
hope you saw the game tonight
Yes, Great win! So happy for the team and staff. I know how we needed it as a fan base, so they needed it more. I thought the team played differently vs. Clemson as I was very pleased with their effort then. They seem to be playing with a great plan and executing well. Fun to watch

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I think it would be a boon for recruiting. Imagine the eyes on our program with a woman at the helm. A woman just led UChicago’s men’s soccer team to a D3 national championship.

The thing I do worry about is the men’s and women’s basketball games are nearly different sports. If men/women use their personal basketball experience to coach a team of the opposite sex, they would get slaughtered. If a woman has previous experience with the men’s game (think: Becky Hammond), I’m all for it.

Even if not HC, I think our men’s team could benefit from a woman on the coaching staff. It’s all about putting all of our differing experiences and perspectives together to get better at solving problems (such as figuring out how to score more than 50 points in a game 🙃).
They scrimmage against men that are good players but not scholarship level. Most of the women teams do it. I know Duke women do.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
They scrimmage against men that are good players but not scholarship level. Most of the women teams do it. I know Duke women do.
I’m talking about the difference between the D1 men’s game and D1 women’s game. I’ve always noticed differences in how the 2 sexes maximize eFG%. I think length/speed interact noticeably differently between the 2.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I’m talking about the difference between the D1 men’s game and D1 women’s game. I’ve always noticed differences in how the 2 sexes maximize eFG%. I think length/speed interact noticeably differently between the 2.
Agree. Men play above the rim and women play at the floor. Women are darn good outside shooters too. Will we ever see a woman coach a men's team? Not sure any time soon.

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Tech loses a close one down in Miami.

Just annihilated on the boards, 51-25. Nell’s got some nice looking freshman guards to work with, but no real tough bigs. Hermosa is a good shooter, but kind of soft (and is a senior). Aranaz has been a huge disappointment. Hopefully CNF is going to bring in some frontline recruits and transfers this off-season.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Just annihilated on the boards, 51-25. Nell’s got some nice looking freshman guards to work with, but no real tough bigs. Hermosa is a good shooter, but kind of soft (and is a senior). Aranaz has been a huge disappointment. Hopefully CNF is going to bring in some frontline recruits and transfers this off-season.
Recruits are gone, my friend. Early signing period. Unless you are UConn or SC.

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Watching the game right now. It is painful to watch.
Absolutely horrendous effort from about 5 minutes before halftime to the end. 21 turnovers, under 30% from the field, 54% from the line. Guards were absolutely terrible tonight, and they are usually the bright spot on a poor team.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Looked like Clemson really clamped down on Swartz and Morgan. Didn't have an inside answer to counter.

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Two spans of 8+ minutes without scoring, including last 8:16 of the game, after pulling back within 4. Outscored 12-0 down the stretch. That’s absolutely inexcusable.