2021 Uniform Debate

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Take a good look at the Dallas Cowboys. That uniform is based on Georgia Tech's. Don't like the word iconic? OK. But that was a great uniform.
When did we have blue and white with stars?

Almost EVERY team at the turn of the century, had solid color sweater with a letter or two on the front.

Almost EVERY team in the mid century had a stripe or two on their sleeves.

We have always looked like Wake Forest, Notre Dame, and like colored teams, and they have also looked like us.

Don't confuse iconic uniform with an iconic logo.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

Almost EVERY team at the turn of the century, had solid color sweater with a letter or two on the front.

We have always looked like Wake Forest, Notre Dame, and like colored teams, and they have also looked like us.

Thanks for the lecture. Tex Schramm, GM of Dallas, said he copied the GT uniforms because he thought they were the most attractive football uniform out there.

You might as well have said teams had pants, shirts, and cleats. What’s the big deal?

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer

It was the 1965 uniform that Dallas copied.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
The best uniforms we've ever worn were the gold uniforms for the 2019 Spring game. We haven't worn them since to my knowledge. Wear those every home game for the next decade, win a couple ACC championships in them, and they'll be iconic. And get everyone in the crowd to wear that same shade of gold like Tennessee and Clemson and Alabama seemed to figure out how to do. Why can't gold be our Texas burnt orange?

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The best uniforms we've ever worn were the gold uniforms for the 2019 Spring game. We haven't worn them since to my knowledge. Wear those every home game for the next decade, win a couple ACC championships in them, and they'll be iconic. And get everyone in the crowd to wear that same shade of gold like Tennessee and Clemson and Alabama seemed to figure out how to do. Why can't gold be our Texas burnt orange?
Ah yes! They all looked like French Fries!

Go Jackets!

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, Nike hasn’t quite figured out Texas’ or Tennessee’s oranges yet, so it’s not like we are the only school that is having trouble with their apparel provider.

Vols fans react to new Nike, Tennessee collaboration that's the 'wrong UT orange'

Not so burnt orange? Longhorn fans throwing shade over shade of new uniforms

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow

This. Unfortunately our AA with help from Adidas is hell-bent on making navy blue every bit as much our primary. I'm a broken record on this but white and gold is so iconic and original and unique. Gold should be our standard just as much as Tennessee orange or Texas burnt.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Modern times*

You cannot run out in 1970s uniforms when trying to attract new fans. Have to have flash. Think oregon ducks. Oregon wasn't a solid football team before 2000 and on. Thats due to flash. You will not attract young top talent by running out in those 1970s uniforms. Just saying.
Winning ball games works way better than flash. Has UGA, Auburn, or Alabama changed their uniforms to attract top young talent? Didn't think so.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Yes sir and that’s what I’ve always wondered as well. Why won’t the GTAA just commit to owning gold like Texas does for burnt Orange? It’s a no brainer

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Tbh none of us really know Lol. I know I’m biased with white and gold but I think we should just totally commit to owning that combo as a program. Thought we had it perfect in the Gailey years.
Top 5 uni in CFB right hereView attachment 10285
I like this as well. the "YELLOW JACKETS" print in front is a nice touch and it was easy to see the black numerals outlined in white. I had friends that did not like the gold helmets...wrong shade of gold they said.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
116 teams ARE irrelevant

There are what, maybe 15-20 teams out of 135 FBS teams that have any possibility of making the playoffs these days? If you enter the season knowing you have no shot at the playoffs, then you are irrelevant.
To be honest, I don't even think it is 15 to 20 anymore. There are about 8 or so super elite teams and everyone else is scratching for relevance.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Winning ball games works way better than flash. Has UGA, Auburn, or Alabama changed their uniforms to attract top young talent? Didn't think so.
They don't have to... but we don't win games. So we have to do something. Chicken or the egg.

We need money, wins, or a bunch of kids to buy into nothing lol.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Do you seriously think that a coach whose twitter handle actually has 4 trophies in it is NOT taking the opportunity to tell recruits about the fact that GT has 4 national championships and as rich a history as any program out there can claim? I'd bet real money that he's telling every recruit he can about that and that when they come on campus they are shown the statue of John Heisman and anything else GT can show that tells the recruits how historically significant this program is. It would be out of character for CGC to miss that opportunity.

View attachment 10290
I have seen his twitter handle a hundred times and just never realized the trophies were on there. Coach Collins never misses a trick to promote Tech and his program. He could sell sand to a Bedouin in the desert.