2021 Uniform Debate

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
So I was watching some older Tech games, 70's early 80's...we should go back to the uniforms we wore then. They are classic Georgia Tech. Not what we wear today and frankly, what are we wearing this year.
Love what we wear today. Kids love what we wear today. Couldn't be happier. Too many people worry about uniforms. Let's just win.

Milwaukee

Banned
So I was watching some older Tech games, 70's early 80's...we should go back to the uniforms we wore then. They are classic Georgia Tech. Not what we wear today and frankly, what are we wearing this year.
Dude you’re exhausting. Yaaaaawn. I don’t like our unis either but pining for 1970 unis as why you’re unhappy...Jesus Christ.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
This is the modern version of the 70s uniform.... this is basically what you're asking for.
GaTech_Throwback_Uniforms.jpg

No thank you. This is an AWFUL look for the modern era. Once every 5 years as a throw back? Sure. Permanent? Hell no.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Modern era? I'm not sure what that even means.

That's just like, your opinion man.
Modern times*

You cannot run out in 1970s uniforms when trying to attract new fans. Have to have flash. Think oregon ducks. Oregon wasn't a solid football team before 2000 and on. Thats due to flash. You will not attract young top talent by running out in those 1970s uniforms. Just saying.

Modern times*

You cannot run out in 1970s uniforms when trying to attract new fans. Have to have flash. Think oregon ducks. Oregon wasn't a solid football team before 2000 and on. Thats due to flash. You will not attract young top talent by running out in those 1970s uniforms. Just saying.
Curious how Alabama and Auburn still attract talent since they are wearing the same unis they wore in the 70s

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Add to the list pretty much any major power. I wish we still used the look we had in the 70s.
We can't play in the same arena as those teams.

We have to be like Oregon.

Our tradition has been washed away so many times from mediocre seasons.

Basically treat this program as a start-up. Collins is starting a whole new football program at GT. To most kids we have 0 championships. (Most kids We actually want high 4 stars and 5 stars).

So we pitch to them the new wave. We are flashy, we sell the ATL, we sell the idea of making big money after college.

We will never compete with the big dogs on tradition. Thats not what is holding us back. Having ADs who kept us mediocre for decades, Dodd having the arrogance to force our hand to become independent. That is what dug us the hole we lay in today. The only way out is to be different. Supply something different to kids that other schools don't that draws attention.

That's focus on the NIL, media, branding, and Basically saying we love you please come to GT.