2021 Uniform Debate

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

I’m liking this look and Gold color Vandy has

Reminds me of a time a few years ago when I would turn to a game in progress and until the announcer said something I could not tell if I was watching Army, Colorado, Purdue or some other team. All these teams in gold and black used to look alike.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Reminds me of a time a few years ago when I would turn to a game in progress and until the announcer said something I could not tell if I was watching Army, Colorado, Purdue or some other team. All these teams in gold and black used to look alike.

Another reason I hate the whole blackwatch thing. It was a bad idea in the eighties but now it's become a nostalgia thing. I hate looking like Vandy or Colorado or Army or Purdue. Definitely don't look like Georgia Tech.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Gold Helmets, White Shirts and Gold Pants. Stick with it and cut out all the other crap!

Go Jackets!
Yea and get off my lawn as well!

For real though, I do like the classic look however I also really enjoy mixing it up for a couple games a year. Those Black Watch uni's last year were awesome. Personally, I liked the gray uni's from 2019 as well but I don't want either for every game.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Another reason I hate the whole blackwatch thing. It was a bad idea in the eighties but now it's become a nostalgia thing. I hate looking like Vandy or Colorado or Army or Purdue. Definitely don't look like Georgia Tech.
This is why I actually look fondly on the grey jerseys from 2019. As far as I know, grey isn't used as a base color very often in CFB, and usually not combined with Gold. It would be interesting to see if we could mix that combo up a bit

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
At least we have never done anything this bad.

E8ekr3-XoAIAX30.jpg

Tadams6599

Jolly Good Fellow
Four national championships? Home of Heisman? The Dodd Trophy for Coach of the Year? The Rice Trophy for AD of the Year? I can see why you think we don't have an amazing history.

FWIW, Tech was considered an icon of football in the late 50's and early 60's. The Dallas Cowboys uniform of today was copied from Georgia Tech as it was consider the most attractive uniform of the day. And the Cowboys have left it relatively unchanged for 60 years.
The 50’s and 60’s LOL the age of dinosaurs😂 kids barely have an attention span of 30seconds now you think anyone cares about the 50s and 60s