2021 season

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow

I am sure we are scrambling for scholarships at this point. Every top 30 program is going to be in the same position. Playing time and scholarships will be at a premium this year. As a fan like me, it's bittersweet. I love that the talent is up, but not at the expense of current Jackets. Must be thoughtful of anyone being caught in a once-in-a-lifetime situation. Go Jackets!

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I am sure we are scrambling for scholarships at this point. Every top 30 program is going to be in the same position. Playing time and scholarships will be at a premium this year. As a fan like me, it's bittersweet. I love that the talent is up, but not at the expense of current Jackets. Must be thoughtful of anyone being caught in a once-in-a-lifetime situation. Go Jackets!
I believe that they announced that there will be no scholarship limit next year along with expanded rosters.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I believe that they announced that there will be no scholarship limit next year along with expanded rosters.
There is still a limit for the program of 11.7 scholarships. But basically can be distributed among 32 players (max) any way CDH decides. No roster limit.

The roster size will be an "issue" for playing time & scholarship dollars for each player. Another way the coaches earn their money... managing all that.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
So I wanted to take a shot at predicting the starting lineup and rotation for next year. I'm going to assume that both Webb and Hughes are gone for this prediction.

1. Waddell SS
2. Hall LF
3. Compton 1B
4. Reid RF
5. Jenkins 3B
6. Parada DH/C
7. Jackson 2B
8. Gonzalez CF
9. Holland C/DH

DeLeo might see a lot of time at DH or one of the OF spots as well. I think Holland needs to catch most of the time because he is better defensively right now. That means Parada is going to have to DH, but I bet that he'll catch one or two games a week. This would also help both of them stay fresher all year and hopefully pay off in the postseason. Some other guys that I think will get some time are Grenkoski, Thiel, and Benson.

As for the rotation, I think that it will be Hurter, Roedig, and Bartnicki with Maxwell coming out of the pen on weekends and starting weekdays. Then Grissom, Arnold, Smith, Archer, Chapman, Crawford, and Wilhite will be the main guys out of the pen. If Hughes does come back, we might have the best staff in the ACC.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
So I wanted to take a shot at predicting the starting lineup and rotation for next year. I'm going to assume that both Webb and Hughes are gone for this prediction.

1. Waddell SS
2. Hall LF
3. Compton 1B
4. Reid RF
5. Jenkins 3B
6. Parada DH/C
7. Jackson 2B
8. Gonzalez CF
9. Holland C/DH

DeLeo might see a lot of time at DH or one of the OF spots as well. I think Holland needs to catch most of the time because he is better defensively right now. That means Parada is going to have to DH, but I bet that he'll catch one or two games a week. This would also help both of them stay fresher all year and hopefully pay off in the postseason. Some other guys that I think will get some time are Grenkoski, Thiel, and Benson.

As for the rotation, I think that it will be Hurter, Roedig, and Bartnicki with Maxwell coming out of the pen on weekends and starting weekdays. Then Grissom, Arnold, Smith, Archer, Chapman, Crawford, and Wilhite will be the main guys out of the pen. If Hughes does come back, we might have the best staff in the ACC.
OK. If my recall is correct, we've lost 3 starters to pro ball & 1 we assume gone... Guldberg, Radcliff, Hughes, Webb. Speculation on one or both Wilhites? I have no clue.

For GT... is 4 about the norm? So... my question: How significant is GT's roster size problem? Who is most impacted? Which incoming freshmen are going to be part of this team only because of the truncated draft (would have been drafted/gone)? Is it widely assumed Parada... or others?

Just curious as the dust is settling here... how different the situation for CDH. I also would love to know how he is managing scholarships... I've always been curious. Is a commitment/offer from GT made before a kid signs/commits. Is that promise ever revisited? Has the virus allowed or caused CDH to say all those things are up for review... under the "unprecedented" situation?

Last edited:

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer

1. Waddell SS
2. Hall LF
3. Compton 1B
4. Reid RF
5. Jenkins 3B
6. Parada DH/C
7. Jackson 2B
8. Gonzalez CF
9. Holland C/DH

I'm a little biased towards pitchers but I cannot wait to see how well this staff does. I like the weekend starters you projected to be the guys as well. Really hope Hunter comes back firing on all cylinders.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
OK. If my recall is correct, we've lost 3 starters to pro ball & 1 we assume gone... Guldberg, Radcliff, Hughes, Webb. Speculation on one or both Wilhites? I have no clue.

For GT... is 4 about the norm? So... my question: How significant is GT's roster size problem? Who is most impacted? Which incoming freshmen are going to be part of this team only because of the truncated draft (would have been drafted/gone)? Is it widely assumed Parada... or others?

Just curious as the dust is settling here... how different the situation for CDH. I also would love to know how he is managing scholarships... I've always been curious. Is a commitment/offer from GT made before a kid signs/commits. Is that promise ever revisited? Has the virus allowed or caused CDH to say all those things are up for review... under the "unprecedented" situation?

Webb?
Did Rigy sign FA?
Wilhite didn't draft and assume he's coming back out the the bullpen or whatever.

The great thing with GT's roster and recruiting size is that aren't heavy. Only 4 SO last year so that helps a lot to keep/create space. I bet Bartnicki and Roedig are draftable from SO class.
This year "Jr" class will also empty out after next season (Hall, Waddell, Chapman, Turley, Hurter, Crawford (or Job), etc.). and that will open a lot of space for the 21s.

Only 11 in the 21 signing class and I would expect 1-3 have a shot at draft with 20 rounds. See what the slots have to say. So 8-10 guys coming in 21.
After 22 season all the freshman studs from this year will empty out but we got more knocking on the door with the 22s they're pulling in.

Exciting times for sure. Fall ball and Spring can't get her soon enough!!

Super excited to get some of the 21s together this weekend after National Showcase in Marietta and Hoover.
Yay baseball!!

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

1. Waddell SS
2. Hall LF
3. Compton 1B
4. Reid RF
5. Jenkins 3B
6. Parada DH/C
7. Jackson 2B
8. Gonzalez CF
9. Holland C/DH

Thiel is in the transfer portal