2021 season

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Anybody not on a baseball specific scholly can transfer to a different school with no eligibility penalties. If they are on scholarship they’d have to get a waiver, and waivers are virtually non-existent in baseball unless there is an extremely valid reason for the transfer.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Anybody not on a baseball specific scholly can transfer to a different school with no eligibility penalties. If they are on scholarship they’d have to get a waiver, and waivers are virtually non-existent in baseball unless there is an extremely valid reason for the transfer.

How could Huff, ranked 46th overall in 2018 PG class not have a baseball scholarship?

Rhetorical. Vandy is just so loaded. Being private, can give other type schollies?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm too lazy to go back and look... but as part of the adjustments re cancelled season & covid... is NCAA allowing transfers with immediate eligibility for everyone?

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
How could Huff, ranked 46th overall in 2018 PG class not have a baseball scholarship?

Rhetorical. Vandy is just so loaded. Being private, can give other type schollies?
Private schools have more "creative financing"...

Vandy had Opportunity Vanderbilt which is basically an endowment that grants money to offset the price.
It's actually cheaper to attend Vandy than in-state tuition at Univ of TN, so I'm told.

Same was true at Stanford. List price was $70K but after scholarship and endowment money it was going to be $12K/year......

Covid and whatever didn't affect the NCAA ruling on one time waivers. They tried to get it but it didn't pass.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Private schools have more "creative financing"...

Vandy had Opportunity Vanderbilt which is basically an endowment that grants money to offset the price.
It's actually cheaper to attend Vandy than in-state tuition at Univ of TN, so I'm told.

Same was true at Stanford. List price was $70K but after scholarship and endowment money it was going to be $12K/year......

Covid and whatever didn't affect the NCAA ruling on one time waivers. They tried to get it but it didn't pass.

I'm split on these guys, not because of who they are but the situation.

On one hand, they are probably going to improve the quality of the team we field.

On the other hand, I don't like experienced players coming in and taking playing time from our existing players. Winning is important, but doing it at the expense of a cadre of players who have worked and suffered and sacrificed together bothers me.

I enjoyed Ninja (Nick) Wilhite coaxing a nine hole walk while sporting a 190 BA. I guess I'll just have to learn how to enjoy the nine hole having a 310 BA and 480 OBP.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
If they help to get to the CWS, I'm for it. It is very exciting to have a loaded roster. Some of the reporting players will be beaten out by incoming freshmen IMO. I see your point, but that is just the way it works.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm split on these guys, not because of who they are but the situation.

On one hand, they are probably going to improve the quality of the team we field.

On the other hand, I don't like experienced players coming in and taking playing time from our existing players. Winning is important, but doing it at the expense of a cadre of players who have worked and suffered and sacrificed together bothers me.

I enjoyed Ninja (Nick) Wilhite coaxing a nine hole walk while sporting a 190 BA. I guess I'll just have to learn how to enjoy the nine hole having a 310 BA and 480 OBP.
Blue Chip players will push each other top to bottom. Competition brings out the best in athletes. Lastly, this team will be loaded with depth and can play situational baseball with any team in the country. This is good for the program and development #projackets

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer

Smart dude: “Georgia Tech ended up being that perfect fit for me,” he said. “Coming into the program, as well as coming into my academic career. I’ll be able to pursue a master’s in quantitative and computational finance. It’s one of the best programs in the country for financial engineering.”

graduate transfer highlight

gtrower

Helluva Engineer

Smart dude: “Georgia Tech ended up being that perfect fit for me,” he said. “Coming into the program, as well as coming into my academic career. I’ll be able to pursue a master’s in quantitative and computational finance. It’s one of the best programs in the country for financial engineering.”

graduate transfer highlight

‘Said Cleanthes: “John has a chance, if everything goes his way, to play at the highest level. His fastball touches 96 (mph) right now, just coming off Tommy John. He’ll probably get it up to 98 or 99 by next spring, so I think he could be a real positive for Georgia Tech.’