2021 Schedule

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
2021 GT Football Schedule
FB_IMG_1611844681653.jpg

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Since some people obsess over it, none of our acc opponents, nor ND, nor UGA have a bye week before us.

Anyways looks pretty standard to me. Should win the first two. The middle stretch between UNC and ND should decide how good our year is. Upset one of Clemson, UNC, ND, or UGA, and win 3 or 4 against that middle group and we should be bowling.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
How do y’all count wins without having a clue of the other teams roster let alone ours?

UNC for instance is losing 2 1K rusher, #1 WR, and #1 MLB

Miami doesn’t have QB right now
True, but they still have Howell, have recruited well, and are adding Ty Chandler from UT. I don't see their offense dropping off too much. Miami is a different story though.... they're in a bad spot at QB. Right now we don't have the horses to compete with UGA, Clemson, and probably will still get bullied up front by ND. If we pull off beating UNC it will have to be a shootout. We could be a 2 win team or an 7 win team. I have a feeling next year will still be weird in terms of cancellations, amount of fans in the stands, etc.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
What are you talking about? Im asking where the Mercedes Benz Stadium game is at.............
I am agreeing with you. I am wondering which home game we would play there. Do you think since its not listed on the schedule that we are not doing it this year? I could see us holding off until 22' if covid is still limiting attendance numbers.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I am agreeing with you. I am wondering which home game we would play there. Do you think since its not listed on the schedule that we are not doing it this year? I could see us holding off until 22' if covid is still limiting attendance numbers.
Oh I see... Sorry I misunderstood. I wanna know why ND isn't willing to play in it. I guess sign someone up, cause we already signed the contract.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Oh I see... Sorry I misunderstood. I wanna know why ND isn't willing to play in it. I guess sign someone up, cause we already signed the contract.
Ken believes they will announce the game soon with (more thank likely, ranked) UNC being the opponent.

Other notes:

• No opponent will have an open date before they play us.
  • No Thursday night games, all games on Saturday

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
How do y’all count wins without having a clue of the other teams roster let alone ours?

UNC for instance is losing 2 1K rusher, #1 WR, and #1 MLB

Miami doesn’t have QB right now
Well... UNC still has probably the top QB in the ACC and a TON of talent.
Miami is tough with no QB, they were tough before King.
UVA will be tough.
Only high probability wins I see are NIU, Duke, Pitt, maybe Kenn state. We may have a tougher time with Kenn State than NIU, and Duke.

I do think we beat NIU down.

We just aren't head and shoulders better than VT, UVA, Miami, BC.
I don't even know if we are better than them at all at this point. We are probably at best A .500 team this year depending on OL, DL, and Sims growth.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
With a torn ACL in December? I doubt it, if he does he will not be close 100%
Miami Hurricanes quarterback D'Eriq King will undergo surgery for a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, but the school said he is expected to be available for the start of 2021 fall camp.
You are right though, he may not be 100%. Unfortunately, we get them later in the year.

Jmonty71

Banned
I see a 5-7 season, at best. If I were to bet, I would say 4-8. We should start 2-0 and then the rails fall off, from there.