2021 Schedule

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I think even thinking about how we do this fall is so speculative as to be nearly pointless. I just hope in whatever games we do not win that we make the other guy work his butt off for the full 60 minutes. I understand that we aren't going to beat Clemson but let's at least draw some blood while we are in the ring.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Since some people obsess over it, none of our acc opponents, nor ND, nor UGA have a bye week before us.

Anyways looks pretty standard to me. Should win the first two. The middle stretch between UNC and ND should decide how good our year is. Upset one of Clemson, UNC, ND, or UGA, and win 3 or 4 against that middle group and we should be bowling.
You keep thinking, Butch.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Well... UNC still has probably the top QB in the ACC and a TON of talent.
Miami is tough with no QB, they were tough before King.
UVA will be tough.
Only high probability wins I see are NIU, Duke, Pitt, maybe Kenn state. We may have a tougher time with Kenn State than NIU, and Duke.

I do think we beat NIU down.

We just aren't head and shoulders better than VT, UVA, Miami, BC.
I don't even know if we are better than them at all at this point. We are probably at best A .500 team this year depending on OL, DL, and Sims growth.

Tough before King? Like pitiful GT beating them tough

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
My early analysis: We will likely beat NIU, Duke, and KSU. We will likely lose to Clemson, ND, and UGA. That leaves the other 6. Can we split them to get to a bowl? Possibly. Im having my doubts though. I think we end up with 5 wins. The BC game could actually end up being pretty important late in the season.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
We knew we were playing these teams. However this schedule is probably the best case scenario against these specific teams. All winnable games are at home, and a bye week before @UVA helps make that one winnable too. I’m pumped!

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Tough before King? Like pitiful GT beating them tough
They also beat a ranked uva team and took Florida to the end of the game.

Just saying Miami isn't a freebie. None really are other than N Illinois. But to assume we land 6 wins seems a little far fetched. Can we? Yeah. Will we... eh... I think 3-5 is more reality. We aren't the only team improving. Uva may be better than last year, BC is TOUGH, Pitt is always a tough game. We probably lose by 30 to Clemson (an improvement) and by 40 to uga. Notre Dame may be closer than people think, but its at South Bend so I expect a 10-14pt loss.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
That Pitt, Duke, UVA, VPI stretch is big. Need to win 3. We will be picked to win 4 games because no one knows how the transfers will factor. 6 is a reasonable goal.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Woe, what a pessimistic group!

I have NO Idea how we'll do next year, but I don't draw straight lines from last year's trend to project next year's results. That never seems to work out in college football. I just hope they will surprise me. Maybe like 1989, when we had been terrible 2 years in a row, started off poorly, then caught fire midseason.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Well... UNC still has probably the top QB in the ACC and a TON of talent.
Miami is tough with no QB, they were tough before King.
UVA will be tough.
Only high probability wins I see are NIU, Duke, Pitt, maybe Kenn state. We may have a tougher time with Kenn State than NIU, and Duke.

I do think we beat NIU down.

We just aren't head and shoulders better than VT, UVA, Miami, BC.
I don't even know if we are better than them at all at this point. We are probably at best A .500 team this year depending on OL, DL, and Sims growth.
Georgia Tech will have the #1 QB in the ACC next year (go JS, go!)

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I see 2-4 wins sadly. Cannot count Kennesaw state as a W because they may be the toughest fcs school we have ever played.
I don't know. I think a case can be made for Tech being 4-2 after the Duke game going into a bye week followed by the second half of the season. What troubles me is the prospect of playing Clemson and UNC back to back before playing two games that should be winnable in Pitt and Duke. Lose those two and the wheels might come off.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
How do y’all count wins without having a clue of the other teams roster let alone ours?

UNC for instance is losing 2 1K rusher, #1 WR, and #1 MLB

Miami doesn’t have QB right now
Well, at least I knew that about Miami, UNC, and we all know about Notre Dame, UGA, and Clemson. What I don't know much about are the middle of the pack ACC teams who probably don't know much about themselves either. The success of this season will be determined by how well we do against UVA, Pitt, Virginia Tech, BC, and to a lesser extent Duke. Win 3 or 4 of those 5 and we will have a pretty good year. Lose 3 or 4 of those 5 and it is going be rough.