2021 Recruiting Class & Transfers In

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
So you want to put a true freshman on the bench who started last year ? Great way to lose part of the team ( Remember the B** L**** years you don't want to divide the team ) If he is that good you have to find a place for both ,

He’s not benching his guy and stunt his development. Quinney will be starting his career or the 1st tackle off the bench

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I think it looks like this come Game 1 as far as the 2 deep is concerned:

LT, LG, C, RG, RT

Cochran, Defoor, MiniVan Johnson Williams
Quinny Pendley Viapulu Pendley Quinny

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
So you want to put a true freshman on the bench who started last year ? Great way to lose part of the team ( Remember the B** L**** years you don't want to divide the team ) If he is that good you have to find a place for both ,
Cochran should be at LT if he anywhere near his hype.

5277hike

Jolly Good Fellow
I think it looks like this come Game 1 as far as the 2 deep is concerned:

LT, LG, C, RG, RT

Cochran, Defoor, MiniVan Johnson Williams
Quinny Pendley Viapulu Pendley Quinny
Has DeFoor said he is coming back? If so I must have missed it. I don’t think one more year of transfers starting on the OL will be a problem, but by 2022 we need to have CGC’s players manning most of the spots.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Has DeFoor said he is coming back? If so I must have missed it. I don’t think one more year of transfers starting on the OL will be a problem, but by 2022 we need to have CGC’s players manning most of the spots.
Fair question, I can't recall myself so I made the assumption. If he is not, I would expect Pendley to be the guy at LG. Granted, Franklin may push him as I see he enrolled early.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer

He’s not benching his guy and stunt his development. Quinney will be starting his career or the 1st tackle off the bench

Quinney was the better tackle last year and is on some draft radars himself. He’s not super high right now, but if he has any NFL aspirations at all I don’t see why he’s stick around to come off the bench so a SO who he’s out-performing can avoid having his development stunted. Of course that’s not taking into account JW potentially improving more than Quinney in the off season

I haven’t seen anything on DeFoor returning. Have been operating under the assumption that he’s gone.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Quinney was the better tackle last year and is on some draft radars himself. He’s not super high right now, but if he has any NFL aspirations at all I don’t see why he’s stick around to come off the bench so a SO who he’s out-performing can avoid having his development stunted. Of course that’s not taking into account JW potentially improving more than Quinney in the off season

I haven’t seen anything on DeFoor returning. Have been operating under the assumption that he’s gone.

Agree to disagree with Quinney at being the best tackle last season.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Agree to disagree with Quinney at being the best tackle last season.

Fair enough. Admittedly I don’t have the background to break down OL play and form an argument to defend my side. Just basing it off my memory of Williams consistently getting beat off speed rushes (his feet seem slow to me) and that + his youth resulting in a lot of false starts.

I highly doubt Williams would have started last year had Cochran arrived as expected. And I’d put my hypothetical money on Quinney/Cochran starting in 2021. But again, not confident enough to put actual money on it.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Fair enough. Admittedly I don’t have the background to break down OL play and form an argument to defend my side. Just basing it off my memory of Williams consistently getting beat off speed rushes (his feet seem slow to me) and that + his youth resulting in a lot of false starts.

I highly doubt Williams would have started last year had Cochran arrived as expected. And I’d put my hypothetical money on Quinney/Cochran starting in 2021. But again, not confident enough to put actual money on it.
I really hope the "competition is king" mantra comes true from this situation. No matter the starters at each tackle position day 1, hopefully the competition at those positions is driving more effort and better play from the guy that earns the start.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Living in an area where people are discussing teams doesn’t really provide a deeper understanding of said teams. The vast majority of people on this board don’t really have a deep understanding of what is going on at Georgia Tech, much less any other teams. That’s not bad-mouthing members on here, myself included. It’s just a fact. Unless you’re involved with the program, or have an inside source who is, odds are everything you think you know about a program is just a belief.

There were many people on this board saying the same thing about Miami being a hot mess that you are about Michigan. Now over the course of one year Miami is now some powerhouse program on LSU’s level. There were many here that predicted Tech would beat Miami in the preseason. Michigan is a team loaded with talent, and Harbaugh is a good coach. They’ll be competitive, they just may not be competitive with Ohio State, which is why the heat is on Harbaugh anyway. After Alabama’s “down year” in 2019, many suggested their dynasty was coming to an end. But they turned around and completed one of the most dominant seasons in modern history.

There are also some folks on here that like to completely discount the quality teams that are in the PAC-12 for one reason or another. I’m not sure I understand why, but they do. That’s a bias that comes into play when talking about scheduling. Like it or not, Washington and Stanford are on the same level as UNC and Miami. 247’s talent composite would agree. Utah is just as good if not better than Pitt, VT, or UVA.

I don’t really care if people think Tech has the toughest schedule in the country or the weakest. All that’s going to matter at the end of the day is whether they win the games that are on the schedule. I’m done talking about it. The games will play out on the field, not in preseason biases or rankings.
I don't have any problem with you having your opinions; I just tend to disagree with them in this particular instance.

I will also say that most big time contributors in a program have a better understanding of what is going on within the program than most general or casual fans. I just happen to live in a town where my kids are friends with the kids of, and by extention we become friends with, big-time contributors to many of the B1G programs, including Michigan. I believe Chicago has the highest percentage of contributing Michigan alumni of anywhere in the US.
No. Not anything like that. The best will play.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
My 18 year old daughter volunteers at a local hospital once a week and got her second vaccine nearly 2 weeks ago. We should have had our guys doing the same, working 1 shift at a grocery store, tutoring in a local school once a week - something that could have gotten them all vaccinated by now. It’s apparently what all the cool kids are doing.
I just got mine here in Albany...does that mean I can sit at the cool kids table next week?