Attachments

• 44E9A978-FB15-4395-86BD-4682AC5AB414.jpeg
    44E9A978-FB15-4395-86BD-4682AC5AB414.jpeg
    583.6 KB · Views: 18

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is a little unusual...

Is it just me or is this unintelligible ".... Rocker will forgo returning to Vanderbilt and begin his pro career. ......."

Makes a lot of sense, Kumar has 2 years of eligibility left. But other MLB teams may treat him like a leper next year since he probably backed out on an understanding to sign at a certain price (my speculation).

Regardless, Vandy is in great shape as always.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
My understanding is that he will not return to Vandy, but will instead pitch in one of the independent leagues. I'm not sure why he made that decision, it reduces his bargaining power for next year's draft.

Also, my understanding is that it is the Mets who backed out of the agreement, not Rocker. I think he would still gladly sign for the $6M originally agreed to.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Is it just me or is this unintelligible ".... Rocker will forgo returning to Vanderbilt and begin his pro career. ......."

Makes a lot of sense, Kumar has 2 years of eligibility left. But other MLB teams may treat him like a leper next year since he probably backed out on an understanding to sign at a certain price (my speculation).

Regardless, Vandy is in great shape as always.
My understanding is that he will not return to Vandy, but will instead pitch in one of the independent leagues. I'm not sure why he made that decision, it reduces his bargaining power for next year's draft.

Also, my understanding is that it is the Mets who backed out of the agreement, not Rocker. I think he would still gladly sign for the $6M originally agreed to.
I scanned the comments on the tweet. Rocker (or his representative) made a statement affirming he has no injury. Not sure if Mets thought otherwise for some reason.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Boras is known for independent medical and actual warnings to others if there is indeed a problem.
In this case, Boras' medical said no issue.
Not submitting to additional MRI, does seem suspect.

I would have thought returning to Vandy - to prove a point, earn a degree and show Velo and rehab the arm with their stuff and staff, would be recommended.
I don't think Corbin abuses the pitchers or asked too much of them or their arms. He's known for pulling guys on pitch counts. Leiter included (who had a no hitter going, if memory serves me correct)

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Boras is known for independent medical and actual warnings to others if there is indeed a problem.
In this case, Boras' medical said no issue.
Not submitting to additional MRI, does seem suspect.

I would have thought returning to Vandy - to prove a point, earn a degree and show Velo and rehab the arm with their stuff and staff, would be recommended.
I don't think Corbin abuses the pitchers or asked too much of them or their arms. He's known for pulling guys on pitch counts. Leiter included (who had a no hitter going, if memory serves me correct)
I'm not judging... but if your plan (for an entire year) is to "leave" school....

...it could be difficult to maintain eligibility (academically).

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
There are sooooo many resources available to the athletes. But I get mentally if he was gone, but to have proving ground to the critics and a great defense behind you and wonderful facilities to work out, etc vs go your own or independent ball…. Just seems odd. A degree from Vandy isn’t a bad deal either

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Damn, let's get him as a transfer. Good facilities, good coaching.......... ATL.

Mets own him for at least a year. No one else can sign him.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
Damn, let's get him as a transfer. Good facilities, good coaching.......... ATL.

Mets own him for at least a year. No one else can sign him.
The Mets can't even sign him. The deadline was Sunday at 5 PM.

If he didn't accept any money from Boras, his options are to return to college ball, play indy league ball, or go play internationally. Then he can re-enter the 2022 draft.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
The Mets can't even sign him. The deadline was Sunday at 5 PM.

If he didn't accept any money from Boras, his options are to return to college ball, play indy league ball, or go play internationally. Then he can re-enter the 2022 draft.
I seriously doubt Boras would let a client like Rocker get out from under him. I am sure both money has been exchanged and a contract has already been signed.