2021 Baseball Season

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
It's a fight for the 4-seed in the ACC tournament right now. I'd prefer ND win the next two and gives us some separation from the Noles.
Top 4 seed is important. Win Coastal & you're a #2 seed...minimum.

Pitt lost to BC today. Helps.... winning Coastal not crazy. Buuuuut....

Launch the "bitter rocket" ... they avoided Louisville.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Top 4 seed is important. Win Coastal & you're a #2 seed...minimum.

Pitt lost to BC today. Helps.... winning Coastal not crazy. Buuuuut....

Launch the "bitter rocket" ... they avoided Louisville.
Strength of schedule will never be equal across the board. All you can do is beat the teams you play.

Do I wish Pitt had to play Lville? Sure. But I wish we didn't collapse in the 9th against them too. We had our chance. Now let's just win the rest of them.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Strength of schedule will never be equal across the board. All you can do is beat the teams you play.

Do I wish Pitt had to play Lville? Sure. But I wish we didn't collapse in the 9th against them too. We had our chance. Now let's just win the rest of them.
They "had" to play Louisville, but COVID'd out of it. Louisville was on their schedule.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
IF you ever wonder why you care... sometimes I do. Here's why. Young MEN playing a wonderful "game" but demonstrating outstanding character in the process. GO JACKETS!!!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Last night's game really highlighted something hard to understand. Individual pitching inconsistencies from appearance to appearance. I'm talking about the bullpen. ALL OF IT. Every single pitcher.

I feel for the coaching staff. There really is NO WAY to know what will happen when a fresh arm enters the game. A guy will walk 4 batters in an inning one day... then next time pitch 2 beautiful innings. It's not just a few suspects... it's literally every single pitcher.

Good thing last night we had a string of the "good" kind in those extra innings.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Last night's game really highlighted something hard to understand. Individual pitching inconsistencies from appearance to appearance. I'm talking about the bullpen. ALL OF IT. Every single pitcher.

I feel for the coaching staff. There really is NO WAY to know what will happen when a fresh arm enters the game. A guy will walk 4 batters in an inning one day... then next time pitch 2 beautiful innings. It's not just a few suspects... it's literally every single pitcher.

Good thing last night we had a string of the "good" kind in those extra innings.
Great point. Looking at it from the offensive side, I always have thought that the more pitchers you can “go through” as an offense, the better your “odds” that one of them will be off their game that night.

Last nights contributions by the pen were incredible, especially those “little used” guys. Really pleased for Chapman and his performance. That game should be a memory that he can cherish for a very long time. Siegel & Westbrook’s were solid too!!

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I suspect the drastic inconsistencies have to do with not pitching live action much over the last year+. Even Leiter and Rocker seem to be fading now, and they're the top 2 college arms in the draft.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Not sure where to hang this one....SEC Shuffle?

Texas A&M didn't renew Coach Childress contract for baseball (well known in Texas).
Word on the street is UTn Vitello's name is on the short list for A&M or LSU....(Paul Mainieri retiring forced or otherwise)

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Not sure where to hang this one....SEC Shuffle?

Texas A&M didn't renew Coach Childress contract for baseball (well known in Texas).
Word on the street is UTn Vitello's name is on the short list for A&M or LSU....(Paul Mainieri retiring forced or otherwise)

Wow, was it 16+ years ago that Danny Hall was in the running for that a&m job? Time flies...

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Did you hear about all the coaching changes? 21 of them. Kennesaw state head coach; LSU, A&M. Folks worrying about Monte Lee…

Nate Thompson and Matt Hobbs both from Arkansas are short listers…not sure for what schools

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Did you hear about all the coaching changes? 21 of them. Kennesaw state head coach; LSU, A&M. Folks worrying about Monte Lee…

Nate Thompson and Matt Hobbs both from Arkansas are short listers…not sure for what schools

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but from D1Baseball regarding Kennesaw State's vacancy:

"One of the more interesting names on the candidates list is former Florida State standout and current Georgia Tech assistant coach James Ramsey. Ramsey, 31, has done a solid job in his couple of seasons as the hitting coach for the Jackets and is a strong recruiter. However, one must wonder if Ramsey has his sights set, potentially, on the Tech job in a few seasons."