2021 Baseball Season

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ga Tech tumbled out of D1 Top 25.

I wouldn't have us in the Top 25 either.

"we suck, we suck, we suck, we suck"

"we're in 3rd place in the ACC"

"oh"

Depends on your definition of suck. By mine, which is playing the game right in the details and up to your talent level, we suck.

We have not been playing as well as our recruited talent. Over the last three years, here are recruiting class rankings 9th, 4th and 45th by Perfect Game.

Our rpi of 52nd (http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2021/rpi-live ), which while far from a perfect measure, shows that we have not played well relative to our talent.

Also, while we are 74th (of 292) in runs scored, we are 180th in run allowed and 265th in errors per game. http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2021/stats

So yes we suck and I doubt any player or coach would say we shouldn't be a lot better.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Projected 2 seed in Knoxville, TN

1618421017119.png

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Projected 2 seed in Knoxville, TN

View attachment 10345

Going to be very interesting to see who gets to host given the NCAAs plan to award them in early May. Then to see who of the hosts falter... & who gets to "go" to those regionals. @bwelbo is loading up "Gatlin Gun of Angst" (GGA) to explode when Ga Tech gets screwed somehow.

I kid.

The SEC is going to benefit greatly from this. They probably deserve to host a bunch of regionals right now... but somebody is going to get hot at end of season (Ga Tech?) & not get to host when they would otherwise.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
not sure if this is the write spot on Transfers but here goes...

Also good news...This will help with June/July Tournaments. Not sure what it means for "Official Visits" and timing of/if that.... Camps open up too!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Glad to see FSU take down @ND.

WTF L'Ville? 4th ACC loss in a row. This time to Duke?!

Pitt took down BC and has easiest remaining 8 games (BC, NC State (will be a problem) and Wake). And got lucky with the COVID avoidance of L'VIlle.

At least we control our destiny with 8 games to go but tough run (Clempy, Miami, UNC)

1620478164767.png

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Glad to see FSU take down @ND.

WTF L'Ville? 4th ACC loss in a row. This time to Duke?!

Pitt took down BC and has easiest remaining 8 games (BC, NC State (will be a problem) and Wake). And got lucky with the COVID avoidance of L'VIlle.

At least we control our destiny with 8 games to go but tough run (Clempy, Miami, UNC)

View attachment 10496
It's a fight for the 4-seed in the ACC tournament right now. I'd prefer ND win the next two and gives us some separation from the Noles.