2021 Atlanta Braves

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket

Glad Tucker Davidson has not been sent down for one of these two “cold” arms.
Davey worked out with Kershaw in Texas and picked his brain. Also, he’s incorporated Max Fried’s slider into his repertoire.

He is the LHSP to go along with Fried. Soroka, Anderson, from the RH side.
Mark it down, just as I was the only one that told you Riley would become a main stay in the lineup and Waters will become trade bait(if he has value as a 5th OF type with less K’s).

GT_EE78

Banned
our 5th time at .500 this year. Lost next game each time so far.
7:05 p.m. BSSO Braves at Phillies
Davidson v Eflin

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I CANNOT STAND the Braves concept of bringing in a new pitcher every inning. Martin retired 3 guys on 9 pitches but you insist on changing pitchers.
Braves deserve to lose with that philosophy

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
What I love about Tucker Davidson, is he pitches 12 months a year. The Mazzone system to an extent. He wants to be a big league pitcher. When guys don’t have a Plan B, “A” becomes his world. Fantastic 6 innings. Matzek was o.k. and Martin, very efficient. Still pulling for Greene because Will Smith can’t go every night.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Braves lose. What a gem by Davidson and the pen was dominant until the final pitch of the game. Credit to McCutcheon for earning the walk before. He earned it. Tough loss but great ending to watch.
You're missing my point. If you insist on trotting out three different pitchers to throw 3 innings, you increase the likelihood that one of them is not "on" tonight. Result, you lose a one run lead. If you stick with pitchers who are effective and only use one or two, you decrease the chances of that. The Phillies let their reliever throw 3 innings. That won them the game. Had they insisted on letting two more guys out of their pen pitch, the chances are that one of them might be "off" and the Braves might have added on to their lead.

i am not sure if Snitker is the idiot who insists on this approach, or some back office data analyst doing analytics is dictating the strategy. I get how the numbers indicate starters lose effectiveness the 2nd and especially the 3rd time through the lineup, but how could analytics support pulling an effective pitcher who threw only 9 pitches to 3 batters and was not replaced by a pinch hitter?

But, it's idiotic and the Braves continue to do it despite the terrible bullpen results they are getting. Insanity!