2021 Atlanta Braves

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Braves acquired him originally in 2016 from Texas...
The Braves have claimed infielder/outfielder Travis Demeritte off waivers from the Tigers, per announcements from both teams. Atlanta released right-hander Jeremy Walker in a corresponding move.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
This could go in the NL East news as well(for Cincy and his Metropolitans):
Justin Turner’s market had already reportedly narrowed to four teams, and the field could now be even thinner for the former All-Star. The Dodgers and Brewers have each made multi-year contract offers to Turner, MLB Network’s Jon Heyman reports (Twitter link), and while the third baseman could potentially have other longer-term offers on the table, Turner seems “less likely” to sign with other rumored suitors like the Braves, Mets, or Blue Jays.

If Turner’s final four is now down to a final two, the Dodgers are still in the lead, according to both Heyman and FanSided’s Robert Murray (via Twitter).

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
This could go in the NL East news as well(for Cincy and his Metropolitans):
Justin Turner’s market had already reportedly narrowed to four teams, and the field could now be even thinner for the former All-Star. The Dodgers and Brewers have each made multi-year contract offers to Turner, MLB Network’s Jon Heyman reports (Twitter link), and while the third baseman could potentially have other longer-term offers on the table, Turner seems “less likely” to sign with other rumored suitors like the Braves, Mets, or Blue Jays.

If Turner’s final four is now down to a final two, the Dodgers are still in the lead, according to both Heyman and FanSided’s Robert Murray (via Twitter).
I'll be happy going into the season with JD Davis at 3B, so not a disappointment. Turner should play out his career with the Dodgers, who gave him a shot after the Mets cut him. My Grandfather owned a business in Brooklyn, and was a Dodgers season ticket holder before they left NY. So the Dodgers are pretty much the West Coast Mets to me...

Part of my heritage, but don't ask me what I was saying about them when Chase Utley broke Reuben Tejada's leg in the NLCS in 2015. I'd get banned from this site pretty quickly!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
That was one of the ugliest moments in MLB history. Utley should have been booted from playing again.
————————————-
Right-hander Mike Soroka has won his arbitration case with the Braves, MLB.com’s Mark Feinsand reports (Twitter link). Soroka will receive $2.8MM for the 2021 season, as opposed to the $2.1MM that was offered by Atlanta.

More analysis to come…

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Ranked Braves prospects with a non-roster spring invite: Daysbel Hernandez, Freddy Tarnok, Victor Vodnik, William Woods, Shea Langeliers, C.J. Alexander, Bryce Ball, Braden Shewmake, Michael Harris, Trey Harris, Drew Waters.

Milwaukee

Banned
The Braves have won their arbitration case against shortstop Dansby Swanson, Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports. Swanson will earn $6MM, not the $6.7MM he requested, according to Heyman.
Thanks @Buzzbomb for the update. This clown Heyman below only initially reported on Twitter but had no info as to the outcome, the comments are pretty funny if you’re bored and have a couple minutes 😂

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Demeritte clears waivers, optioned to AAA Gwinnett clearing a spot on the 40 man...
The Braves are in agreement on a contract with corner infielder Jake Lamb, reports Mark Bowman of MLB.com (Twitter link). It’s expected to be a major league pact, per Joel Sherman of the New York Post (via Twitter). The deal is pending a physical. Lamb is a client of CAA Sports.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Braves had interest in Trevor Rosenthal before the reliever signed with the A’s, MLB Network’s Jon Heyman writes (Twitter link). With Rosenthal now off the market, Atlanta is still looking for right-handed relief help, and Heyman wonders if the Braves could turn to a familiar face in Shane Greene.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Not sure who has or is coming off the 40 man roster to make room....
The Braves announced that outfielder Phillip Ervin has been claimed off waivers from the Cubs. Ervin was designated for assignment by Chicago yesterday. Four clubs in the last 6 months. Only hit .149 during coronageddon, although .262 between 2017-2019. Drafted w/ the 27th pick in the 2013 draft by Cincinnati, he has spent the majority of his time in their organization.