2021 ACC and Competition News

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am not sure what to think. It says Clemson has had the fewest close games but if my math is correct, L'ville, Duke and 'Cuse have had fewer and GT and Uva have played in the same # as Clemson? What am I missing?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I am not sure what to think. It says Clemson has had the fewest close games but if my math is correct, L'ville, Duke and 'Cuse have had fewer and GT and Uva have played in the same # as Clemson? What am I missing?

Looks like their wording choice/combination was poor. Probably meant the most amount of close game wins given the least amount of opportunities. OK...now even I'm a bit confused LOL

I only posted because GT was high on that list.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure what you're asking. Clemson typically wins by more than 8 points, UVA and GT have mixes of 9+ point losses/wins. UL, Duke, and SU have had fewer games decided by only 8 points or fewer.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Not trying to be cute here, but I am not sure what you are asking either. One or both of us misread or misunderstood the OP.
Oh, I didn't read the tweet, just the stats. You're right about the counts not matching the claim the Clemson has had the fewest close games. Maybe they meant fewest close losses?

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Whispers around Tallahassee that Milton (transfer QB from UCF) has lingering injuries and won’t be much of a factor this year. Nothing official, but would be a pretty brutal blow to any expectations they have for 2021 as their backup Jordan Travis is essentially an option QB who’s best comp I can think of is Taquon Marshall. Not ideal for what Norvell is trying to install and what he’s selling to the ‘22 class.

And if he didn’t already regret letting Sims walk after Week 1 2020…

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Whispers around Tallahassee that Milton (transfer QB from UCF) has lingering injuries and won’t be much of a factor this year. Nothing official, but would be a pretty brutal blow to any expectations they have for 2021 as their backup Jordan Travis is essentially an option QB who’s best comp I can think of is Taquon Marshall. Not ideal for what Norvell is trying to install and what he’s selling to the ‘22 class.

And if he didn’t already regret letting Sims walk after Week 1 2020…
There doesn't seem to be much to those rumors. If he does end up not being ready to go then you would think Purdy eventually takes the job unless his injuries are also lingering or he is a bust. If that happens, 2021 is pretty much a wash. They will get whatever they can out of Travis and then start a true freshman in 2022.