2021 ACC and Competition News

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Over to Miami. Looks like they need to bring Randy Shannon back as Recruiting Coordinator/DC/AHC and Richt back as HC/OC.
Good news for them—they’ve gone to decent bowls. Bad news—they’ve lost. Richt is the only UM coach to win a bowl in his first three seasons. (yes, I would like to “just” go bowling, but Miami has recruited in the top 25 more than not over the past 20+ years and often in the top 10)

From casually following Canes In Sight board, of the four only Richt is held in high esteem by Miami fans. They do not much care then or now for Shannon or Golden but the hate for Manny is off the charts along with their disdain for the AD who hired him. "40 blue chips"? I bet if Coach Collins had access to that kind of talent it would make a difference. That said, I was reading a post from a former Canes player who said that new players, both freshmen and transfers, are astonished at the culture in place at Miami. There is zero accountability and little senior leadership as everyone is out to maximize their chops for playing in the league.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Ha ha ha. Did you really say the “Alliance”? It’s a figment of your imagination. It’s not real. They’ll talk a good game and then teams will defect all along. It’s about money and that’s it. The problem is the SEC knows it’s about money, TV know it’s about money, and the so called Alliance knows its about money. But the Alliance is the only one pretending it’s about anything else (integrity, history, academics, you name it). I may not like the SEC and wish the Alliance were right, but I stopped believing in Santa Claus a long time ago. Money always changes the equation.
Didn’t realize you were part of the negotiation or in the room with the other commissioners.

I’m confident the other conferences will not let the SEC stack a playoff. You’re right it’s about money. The other conferences won’t let the SEC control what happens because of the money. The only way anything changes is if the whole thing blows up. Then there won’t be an SEC or any other conference.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, because you have to be in a room to know what is coming. When has an alliance ever worked in sports? I remember when the alliance didn’t want a playoff. Then money won. I remember when the alliance wanted to keep it at 2 because of the severe impact to the student athlete with more games. Then money won out. It‘s not stopping. And how is the SEC doing anything wrong by having a lot of good football teams and advocating for those teams? Isn’t that what every conference should do? Yeah, let’s ensure a mediocre PAC 12 champ gets in a playoff because of “fairness” over a better team who didn’t win their conference. The good thing is y’all can’t fool the public with this alliance garbage. I want fairness not welfare because when the day comes and GT is ranked 4 but didn’t win the ACC I don’t want them left out because a light weight won a worthless conference.

slugboy

Staff member
GT 31 - Duke 27
UVA 34- Lou 33
FSU 35 - UNC 25

Wake leading Syracuse 34-27

Power ratings will be fun this weekend

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
UNC has to be the biggest disappointment in the conference so far.

That game in 2 weeks is so important as it is hard seeing getting to 6 wins without it.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Syracuse blundered in regulation. Final drive down 7, they went the length of the field and scored a TD to close to 33-34. They decided to go for 2, then got a delay of game penalty, forcing the decision to kick the PAT to tie.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
UNC has to be the biggest disappointment in the conference so far.

That game in 2 weeks is so important as it is hard seeing getting to 6 wins without it.
I actually believe we are the equal to each of the next four teams we play. How well we play will be the key. VT looked good last night, but ND gave them one TD with a horrible pick six.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
All the remaining games seem winnable except the last one. I just don’t see Coach P scoring on the Gaggers unless he gets a lot more creative and we get more physical up front.

slugboy

Staff member
Winning half the remaining games is going to be a challenge. UVA is almost a must-win. The next four are almost toss-ups, and we need 3/4 if we don’t get a ND or UGA upset.