2021 ACC and Competition News

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
as a UVa fan, that's among the worst football games I've ever seen. I apologize for you having to have watched that.
...which makes the fact we still have these 2 teams ahead of us on schedule even more nerve racking.

Early returns... this is going to be a wacky season. If When Ga Tech & UNC win tomorrow, VT (by having week off) will have the outright lead in Coastal at 1-0 ...as well as being the only Coastal team with less than 2 losses overall.

slugboy

Staff member
I only watched the second quarter. Armstrong (UVA QB) could have put up some stats, but he had different timing than his receivers. He missed some wide open touchdown passes. I think he was on top of the QBR stats for the ACC before last night, and now he’s down in the middle.

Last night’s game was 40% of UVA’s rushing total for the season—they’ve rushed for 462 total this season, and 181 of it was last night. They basically doubled their usual rushing stats. I don’t think UVA figured out how to run; I think Miami is starting to fall apart, or they just don’t think Thursday nights count.

Miami’s defense looks pretty bad for a defensive-minded head coach.

Miami is 2-3, and won a squeaker against App State. They play UNC in two weeks at home, then NCST, then Pitt, then us, then FSU, then VT. It’s strange to write this, but that may shape up to be a brutal stretch for them. Maybe King is back and healthy for UNC, but Miami’s pass protection didn’t look that great against UVA.

UVA has Louisville, then Duke, then us, then (ranked) BYU, then Notre Dame, then Pitt, then VT. The next three games (including us) look like their easiest shots for wins. Louisville and Duke are definitely looking at UVA as a chance to get to bowl eligibility.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Miami has 43 4 stars on their roster and 2 5 stars. UVA has 5 4 stars. That's not even talent no matter which way you slice it.
The recruiting services are quickly moving into the timeshare fraud category. There is enough data out there to scream the difference between an average 4 star and a 3 star is in the eye of the beholder. Or payer depending on the high school and college recruiting the player. You don’t have to be a rivals or ESPN guy to go to any town and find out within 3 minutes who the best players are. Many times those players are unranked or given the 3 star moniker. It’s all a scam driven by money. If you don’t have the money or your high school isn’t connected to get you in a camp how do you even get ranked? The Bama‘s and UGA’s know who the best players are regardless of stars which is why they go after them. Out of those 43 4 stars on Miami’s roster what doesnthat even mean? They suck. It tells me that the services and camps in Florida suck at their job.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
The recruiting services are quickly moving into the timeshare fraud category. There is enough data out there to scream the difference between an average 4 star and a 3 star is in the eye of the beholder. Or payer depending on the high school and college recruiting the player. You don’t have to be a rivals or ESPN guy to go to any town and find out within 3 minutes who the best players are. Many times those players are unranked or given the 3 star moniker. It’s all a scam driven by money. If you don’t have the money or your high school isn’t connected to get you in a camp how do you even get ranked? The Bama‘s and UGA’s know who the best players are regardless of stars which is why they go after them. Out of those 43 4 stars on Miami’s roster what doesnthat even mean? They suck. It tells me that the services and camps in Florida suck at their job.

Or that athletic ability isn't the only factor needed to make someone a 4* on the field. I feel like CGC (regardless of any other faults fans want to whine about) is recruiting high-character players. I'm sure there will be exceptions, but I sense that there is a fair bit of player-to-player accountability building in the program.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
How in the natural fck was Miami like a top 10 team preseason?

Eggsperts are dumb.

Manny needs to break out the sexy receiver gloves he used to wear. Get his mojo bak!

Canes fans are ... less than happy. Hehe, they deserve it.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm in the same place i've been for the last 2 weeks. Nobody is getting through the ACC undefeated. I expect the Coastal champion to probably have 3 losses. The Atlantic champion will likely have 2. Wouldn't shock me if both divisions have to use tiebreakers to determine who goes to the ACC CG.

I see most ACC games as 50-50 games. Every game is going to feel important.
Hope we beat Pitt tomorrow, they've won what, three in a row in this series and the last 2 in Atlanta.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
How in the natural fck was Miami like a top 10 team preseason?

Eggsperts are dumb.

Manny needs to break out the sexy receiver gloves he used to wear. Get his mojo bak!

Canes fans are ... less than happy. Hehe, they deserve it.
Based on talent and potential only i’m guessing

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I only watched the second quarter. Armstrong (UVA QB) could have put up some stats, but he had different timing than his receivers. He missed some wide open touchdown passes. I think he was on top of the QBR stats for the ACC before last night, and now he’s down in the middle.

Last night’s game was 40% of UVA’s rushing total for the season—they’ve rushed for 462 total this season, and 181 of it was last night. They basically doubled their usual rushing stats. I don’t think UVA figured out how to run; I think Miami is starting to fall apart, or they just don’t think Thursday nights count.

Miami’s defense looks pretty bad for a defensive-minded head coach.

Miami is 2-3, and won a squeaker against App State. They play UNC in two weeks at home, then NCST, then Pitt, then us, then FSU, then VT. It’s strange to write this, but that may shape up to be a brutal stretch for them. Maybe King is back and healthy for UNC, but Miami’s pass protection didn’t look that great against UVA.

UVA has Louisville, then Duke, then us, then (ranked) BYU, then Notre Dame, then Pitt, then VT. The next three games (including us) look like their easiest shots for wins. Louisville and Duke are definitely looking at UVA as a chance to get to bowl eligibility.
My first time watching Armstrong and i was not impressed, he was very careless with throwing the ball up for grabs, the last UVA td should have been a Miami INT. Also their best rb looked to be a WR #99? if i was Uva i would be happy to somehow win the game last night but i would have a Real sick feeling about it.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
There are no such things as experts in sports. It’s just opinion. That’s why I’m a huge advocate for expanded playoffs. Playing games is the only thing that is fair and as long as polls are used to determine anything then fairness doesn’t exist.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
...which makes the fact we still have these 2 teams ahead of us on schedule even more nerve racking.

Early returns... this is going to be a wacky season. If When Ga Tech & UNC win tomorrow, VT (by having week off) will have the outright lead in Coastal at 1-0 ...as well as being the only Coastal team with less than 2 losses overall.
Sickeningly, I feel pretty confident that Tek is the best team in the division, and will have comfortably the best record by the end of the year. I think we (UVa) missed our window to overtake them in-state.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Sickeningly, I feel pretty confident that Tek is the best team in the division, and will have comfortably the best record by the end of the year. I think we (UVa) missed our window to overtake them in-state.

Hey hey, their offense doesn't look that good. It might be the other Tech who wins the division, lets see how we do against Pitt this weekend.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
1633096745270.png