2020 Offseason Thread

GT_EE78

Banned

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
And was the first Marist QB to lose to my high school, rival St. Pius X.

We had a great run. Did basketball shift too? When I was there we never lost to Pius in basketball or football. I rode the pine in soccer and you all had our number there...great soccer team. Played against Ricardo clark. Mcvay was a few years behind me but he could run the option pretty darn well.

Jacketman

Jolly Good Fellow
We had a great run. Did basketball shift too? When I was there we never lost to Pius in basketball or football. I rode the pine in soccer and you all had our number there...great soccer team. Played against Ricardo clark. Mcvay was a few years behind me but he could run the option pretty darn well.
Basketball has shifted a lot, we've dominated y'all the last 5-6 years and made the state championship twice (in 2017 and 2018). Football is pretty even and really just depends on the year, but you guys may have a slight upper hand on that side. Cool to hear about your stories, Clark and McVay were wayyyy before my time.

Scubapro

Banned
Recruiting is exactly where it starts. I’ve said many times Collins is right now an unproven head coach. But recruiting leads to wins. We tried it the other way and the consistency wasn’t there and ended with a fizzle. As for play calling last year, what plays can you call when you have walk ons playing on the OLine, your best defender dies, and you have no QB? I’m not saying Patenaude’s the answer but he sure wasn’t the problem. We won the same number of games in year 1 of Collins as the previous coach won in year 7.
We were behind the 8 Ball talent wise last year, no doubt about that, but Patenaude didn't help at all. It's been argued too much on this and other boards but when he leaves I don't think he will be missed. The sooner he leaves the better IMO.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Awesome update on Tyler Merriweather:

LOVE hearing these stories. It's exciting to hear about guys going the NFL, but most of our success stories will be guys like Tyler who go on to have great careers in the corporate world. Changed his life getting an athletic scholarship out of small Demopolis, AL, going to a elite school, graduating, getting a masters, and now starting a career working on big projects.

Looking forward to seeing more of these in the future because it means GT has followed through with the "40 year plan" with our SAs.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
College football mags have hit the shelves! Tre Swilling made the cover of Street and Smith down south (Georgia)
Athlons is out as well.
And both have us picked dead last in the Coastal....

Can't blame them for that. We will look better getting off the bus. We will be more talented. We have a better quarterback situation, we are more experienced and more talented on the offensive line. Our coaches are more experienced. We will still win about 3 or 4 games for all that. Forget about Clemson and UGA, I would like to beat three of the following: Duke, Virginia, Virginia Tech, and UNC. I hate them all but especially Duke. If we do manage to do that and win a couple more for 5 wins plus that would be a very fine season for Coach Collins under the circumstances. I just do not see us beating even one of: Notre Dame, Clemson, UGA, or Miami and probably not UNC. A pretty daunting prospect.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't too sure where to put this but this just doesn't seem like a good idea if whoever this is follows thru with it

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
0A5D69FB-A307-4A8B-B375-A42F1C325C04.jpeg
Best prediction I’ve seen for us yet

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Last year's Coastal Champs return a ton of starters although are fairly average in returning production, notably losing Bryce Perkins.