1-3:
5: Ga State
8-10: at UVA
14-16:

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Add St John's, Cincinnati, St Peter's

February
14-16: Specific Day is TBD (Opening Wknd)
St John's, Cincinnati, St Peter's
18: at Ga Southern
21-23: Ohio State
28-1: UGA (Foley Fld/SunTrust/RC)

March
4: at Ga State
6-8: Va Tech
10: at Auburn
13-15:
18: Ga Southern
20-22: Duke
27-29: at Clemson

April
3-5: at UNC
7: Auburn
10-12:
17-19:
24-26:

May
1-3:
14-16:

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Do NOT add Louisville (not scheduled to play WF or Louisville from Atlantic Div) - This is good if you want to avoid the likely pre-season favorite to win the ACC (Louisville)

Add Boston College

February

March
13-15:

April
10-12:
17-19:
24-26: Boston College

May
1-3:
14-16:

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
St. Peter’s record over the last 3 seasons is...
6-126.
Yes you read that right. That includes an 0-38 season in 2017. They’ve held the #1 spot in FoulPole Sports (a kind of raunchy media outlet centered around college baseball. Most of the content is made to appeal to college ball players) “Terrible 10” for the past few seasons. Won’t be great for RPI purposes, but it’s pretty cool those guys got invited to play at the Rusty C, as well as a pretty nice facility at KSU. I’m sure it will be a great experience for those guys win or lose. At least they’ll get a break for frigid temps (hopefully).

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Is GT playing St Peter's like Clemson playing Wofford?

Hopefully Hall doesn't keep our pitcher in too long. (tic)
Honestly it would probably be more like Clemson playing Reinhardt.
http://www.charliesballparks.com/st/ph/NJ-JerseyCity-Jaroschak-1.jpg
This is the field that St. Peter’s plays their home games at. Yes that is actually it. There are no dugouts, and one set of metal bleachers down the right field line. As for RPI meaningfulness, it probably won’t even move the needle if Tech has a good enough year not to be on the bubble. Remember Georgia lost to an LIU Brooklyn team that finished 20-33 with a 252 RPI ranking. St. Peter’s finished dead last but once you get past 150, there’s really no difference. Tech also lost to a bad, albeit much better than St. P’s, Richmond team last year on opening weekend, and that really didn’t impact much. If GT takes care of business throughout the year this game will be nothing more than a cool experience for the other guys.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is the field that St. Peter’s plays their home games at. Yes that is actually it. There are no dugouts, and one set of metal bleachers down the right field line. As for RPI meaningfulness, it probably won’t even move the needle if Tech has a good enough year not to be on the bubble. Remember Georgia lost to an LIU Brooklyn team that finished 20-33 with a 252 RPI ranking. St. Peter’s finished dead last but once you get past 150, there’s really no difference. Tech also lost to a bad, albeit much better than St. P’s, Richmond team last year on opening weekend, and that really didn’t impact much. If GT takes care of business throughout the year this game will be nothing more than a cool experience for the other guys.

It's 3 months till our next game. Need to milk this.

At least St John's (Nova Scotia?) was 113th last year.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
As for RPI meaningfulness, it probably won’t even move the needle if Tech has a good enough year not to be on the bubble. Remember Georgia lost to an LIU Brooklyn team that finished 20-33 with a 252 RPI ranking.

That’s just not true at all. UGAs terrible OOC SOS/RPI was talked about basically every week on the insider blogs as a reason teams were jumping them.

Last edited:

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Add Miami

February

March
13-15:

April
10-12:
17-19:
24-26: Boston College

May
1-3:
14-16: Miami

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
That’s just not true at all. UGAs terrible OOC SOS/RPI was talked about basically every week on the insider blogs as a reason teams were jumping them.
And they ended up being a #4 national seed no? Like I said, if Tech takes care of business throughout the year, this game will just be a blurb on the schedule. The only time it would even remotely be an issue would be if Tech ended up on the bubble, and really only then it would be if Tech loses. The rest of the OOC schedule will be fine. Still gotta play Georgia and Auburn 5 times, the in state midweeks, and whoever else they get to fill in the midweeks they’re losing from Georgia. I assume teams like UAB and Coastal. Maybe even somebody like Alabama or USC

Last edited:

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
And they ended up being a #4 national seed no? Like I said, if Tech takes care of business throughout the year, this game will just be a blurb on the schedule. The only time it would even remotely be an issue would be if Tech ended up on the bubble.
I'm officially worried about our game against St Peter's.

Thanks guys!! :(:)

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of the midweeks that will replace the 3 from UGAg. I’ve got on good authority Tennessee Tech will take up at least one of those games. Really down year last year, but usually contenders for OVC title, and they almost beat Texas in the supers to go to the CWS in 2018 after winning Ole Miss’ regional.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

And they ended up being a #4 national seed no? Like I said, if Tech takes care of business throughout the year, this game will just be a blurb on the schedule. The only time it would even remotely be an issue would be if Tech ended up on the bubble, and really only then it would be if Tech loses. The rest of the OOC schedule will be fine. Still gotta play Georgia and Auburn 5 times, the in state midweeks, and whoever else they get to fill in the midweeks they’re losing from Georgia. I assume teams like UAB and Coastal. Maybe even somebody like Alabama or USC

I think you're both right. Gotta have a rationalization for rankings during the year and look at total body of work at the end.

I'd rather beat the best (UCLA) than the worst. Three months is too long but baseball can't be far away since I saw frost on the grass yesterday.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Hope it’s not a home & home arrangement, lol. Honestly, I cannot understand why we would schedule them unless we are doing someone a personal favor. Seems certain that there are teams we could/should beat but that would be more of a tune up that would love to come south for February.