2020 Atlanta Falcons News

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully the Falcons will draft Boston College RB AJ Dillon and Oklahoma LB Kenneth Murray with their two 4th round draft picks today:):cool::D:smuggrin: I originally wanted a QB in the 4th round but i think the Falcons need to draft a LB since they drafted a C in the 3rd round:cigar:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
What Atlanta needs is to clean house of coaches and front office. This franchise needs an entire rebuild. Our franchise has become stale, and there are zero good ideas coming out of the existing regime. We literally just drafted a 2nd round CB in the first round. Solid to good cornerbacks can be found in later rounds and we wasted a first rounder on an average CB.

I would have ZERO problems with Atlanta tanking next year to get Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields. Rebuild the front office and coaching staff around one of those QBs. Matt Ryan probably has at most 2-3 good years left, either use some of those years to bridge the gap between him and our future QB, or trade him for draft picks and let the rookie QB take his lumps like Ryan did when we drafted him.

The question is whether Arthur Blank is too loyal to the front office people, and too loyal to Ryan. I wouldn't blame Blank for being loyal to Ryan, as that guy has taken lumps for Atlanta's sh!tty OL drafting and free agent signings. He's already proved too loyal to guys like Dimitroff and Quinn, and this is where we are now.

I have had ZERO desire to watch the Falcons the last two seasons. Next year will be no different for me.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
What Atlanta needs is to clean house of coaches and front office. This franchise needs an entire rebuild. Our franchise has become stale, and there are zero good ideas coming out of the existing regime. We literally just drafted a 2nd round CB in the first round. Solid to good cornerbacks can be found in later rounds and we wasted a first rounder on an average CB.

I would have ZERO problems with Atlanta tanking next year to get Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields. Rebuild the front office and coaching staff around one of those QBs. Matt Ryan probably has at most 2-3 good years left, either use some of those years to bridge the gap between him and our future QB, or trade him for draft picks and let the rookie QB take his lumps like Ryan did when we drafted him.

The question is whether Arthur Blank is too loyal to the front office people, and too loyal to Ryan. I wouldn't blame Blank for being loyal to Ryan, as that guy has taken lumps for Atlanta's sh!tty OL drafting and free agent signings. He's already proved too loyal to guys like Dimitroff and Quinn, and this is where we are now.

I have had ZERO desire to watch the Falcons the last two seasons. Next year will be no different for me.
You wont watch even if the Falcons are an NFC Wildcard team?:rolleyes: The 2nd and 3rd round picks have been great for the Falcons.:cigar:

Milwaukee

Banned

I just can’t get behind tanking. It’s a loser mentality that I will never support. #MJ

Techster

Helluva Engineer
You wont watch even if the Falcons are an NFC Wildcard team?:rolleyes: The 2nd and 3rd round picks have been great for the Falcons.:cigar:

If Falcons make the playoffs next season, I'll send you box of steaks from Omaha steaks. Given how everyone in our division made MAJOR improvements, or have a future HOF QB, I feel good about it. Save this post for future payment.

GT_EE78

Banned
from AJC
The Falcons’ chance to reap a draft windfall was lost in December, when they won four games after their postseason hopes had been mathematically quashed. Had they gone 2-2 instead – remember, the victories over San Francisco and Tampa Bay – they’d have held no worse than the No. 8 pick in Round 1.
>IMO, they're doin OK with what they have. They're getting positions of need.Should have pulled starters those last four games but thats water under a bridge
> things could be worse if they had traded up. Let's hope they fill remaining needs with UDFA's.