2020 Atlanta Braves News

GT_EE78

Banned
Braves win 7-0.
6 1/3 one hit shutout innings from Wright.Bullpen was perfect again.
Magic number is 6 division and 4 playoffs.
Announcers said expect to see a Folty start next week.

GT_EE78

Banned
>crap- it's on FSSE tonight which i'm not getting
> Fish arrive for a 4 game set that will likely decide the division winner
" to clinch a third consecutive NL East title without the possibility of tiebreakers being needed, the Braves' magic number is five against the Marlins and four against the Phillies. "
Braves-Marlins pitching matchups: Braves RH Huascar Ynoa (0-0, 5.30) vs. Marlins LH Trevor Rogers (1-1, 6.00) Monday; Braves LH Cole Hamels (0-1, 8.10) vs. Marlins RH Jose Urena (0-2, 6.00) Tuesday; Braves TBA vs. Marlins RH Sixto Sanchez (3-2, 2.75) Wednesday; Braves LH Max Fried (7-0, 1.96) vs. Marlins RH Pablo Lopez (5-4, 3.96) Thursday.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
>crap- it's on FSSE tonight which i'm not getting
> Fish arrive for a 4 game set that will likely decide the division winner
" to clinch a third consecutive NL East title without the possibility of tiebreakers being needed, the Braves' magic number is five against the Marlins and four against the Phillies. "
Braves-Marlins pitching matchups: Braves RH Huascar Ynoa (0-0, 5.30) vs. Marlins LH Trevor Rogers (1-1, 6.00) Monday; Braves LH Cole Hamels (0-1, 8.10) vs. Marlins RH Jose Urena (0-2, 6.00) Tuesday; Braves TBA vs. Marlins RH Sixto Sanchez (3-2, 2.75) Wednesday; Braves LH Max Fried (7-0, 1.96) vs. Marlins RH Pablo Lopez (5-4, 3.96) Thursday.
if braves when 2 out of 4 against the marlins, they win the division also.

GT_EE78

Banned
the fish are almost done
wow - we got 5 shutout innings w 7K from Wilson
Braves lead 9-1 after 7
homers by Freddie,dansby,ozuna and Albies

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The MLB Playoffs are about to begin and play will be in a bubble. Actually two bubbles for a while, then one for the World Series.

Trivia question: When was the last time the World Series played all its games in one stadium?

GT_EE78

Banned
The MLB Playoffs are about to begin and play will be in a bubble. Actually two bubbles for a while, then one for the World Series.

Trivia question: When was the last time the World Series played all its games in one stadium?
1944, but if i hadn't looked was gonna guess after the Oakland/SF earthquake late eighties i think

GT_EE78

Banned
So, who we gonna play?
We're 1 game ahead of Cubs for #2 seed
I'll assume that Cards & Fish hold on to the 2 spots
If we fall to #3 seed it's probably cards or fish
If we hold at 2, then it's the 7 seed
reds,brewers,Giants are tied at .5oo Phlies are 1 behind for the 7-8 wildcards

GT_EE78

Banned
7:10 tonight it's Max v sixtoe Sanchez
will Snit rest starters? hope not
Ozuna leads league in both HR and RBI
Duvall trails by 1 HR
Freddie trails by 3 RBI
Freddie leads Juan Soto by .002 for BA title

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
1944, but if i hadn't looked was gonna guess after the Oakland/SF earthquake late eighties i think
When I first saw that the teams in St. Louis played all six games in the same stadium for the 1944 World Series I assumed the war was the reason. Not so, the Cardinals and the Browns both played their home games in Sportsman Park.

GT_EE78

Banned
When I first saw that the teams in St. Louis played all six games in the same stadium for the 1944 World Series I assumed the war was the reason. Not so, the Cardinals and the Browns both played their home games in Sportsman Park.
I wouldn't have known that ...Browns thought they were smart by renting to Cards. After Cards sold their stadium,they spent the money on a farm system.
Browns attendance faltered so they left(1953) - now Baltimore Orioles.

GT_EE78

Banned
Magic number to clinch #2 seed is one(Braves hold tiebreaker)
sort of matters as in league series the 2 will bat last in 3 of 5 possible games
cubs at white sox for 3 games
Red Sox at Atlanta 7:10 pm on FSSO. Wright tonight

Reds,Cards,Brewers,Giants,Fish or Phlies could finish at 7 for WCS
I'd rather avoid Reds,Cards and play either fish or Phlies , i think......

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Pitching tends to rise to the top in the playoffs. We need to hope Anderson will to continue being really strong, for Fried's injury to be very minor, and for Tomlin to have his good nights in October. And, for our bats to stay hot.