2020 Atlanta Braves News

GT_EE78

Banned
Looks that Anderson,Milone will be in the rotation with Max for a while.
I still think we'll limp into this division championship
Who do ya'll think are going to be the other TWO at the end of the regular season in the rotation with Fried,Anderson,Milone ??
It's not like there's a shortage of warm bodies:: Here's my assessment of the probables (top to bottom)
Wright
Tomlin
Folty
Hamels
Erlin
Davidson
Toussant
Ynoa
Wilson
Newcomb

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket

GT_EE78

Banned
Braves up 10-2 in 8th.
Ian did good.6 in , 2 ER, 8K
6 RBI for Ozuna
future superstar riley now hitting .250
things could be worse

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’ve been singing Ozuna’s praises since they signed him. He gets a bad rap as a defender in the OF. Can hold his own.
DH is cool for him, although I would rather have him in the lineup when the NL didn’t have a DH, rather than Inciarte.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
The NL keeping the DH is the only way I think we pay Ozuna. Once Ozzie and Acuña are back, we won’t see Inciarte or Camargo unless someone needs an off day which isn’t likely with one month left. With Pache ready next year, we could stick Ozuna in the outfield until Waters is ready but unless there is a DH in the NL for 2022 and beyond, I don’t think we offer Ozuna significant money.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Acuna should be back Friday for the doubleheader.
Brian Snitker also said that Ozzie Albies has begun ramping up his activity and is hopeful that he will be hitting on the field by the end of the week. That would make a return during the upcoming homestand possible.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Per MLBTR:
Despite vast interest from around the majors, the Rangers decided to retain right-hander Lance Lynn through at least the rest of the season. The Braves were among the teams in on Lynn, but the Rangers understandably placed a high asking price on the AL Cy Young contender and his year-plus of affordable control. Texas wanted either Cristian Pache or Drew Waters from Atlanta as the headliner in a package for Lynn, according to David O’Brien of The Athletic, though the Braves clearly were unwilling to part with either of the highly touted outfield prospects.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Another MLB record, with back to back 3 HR games by two teammate. At least in modern times(not sure if Ruth/Gehrig did it?).
Edited to say:
Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig had three-homer games on back-to-back days with the 1930 Yankees, but not in back-to-back games. Ruth had his three-homer game in the first game of the team's May 20 doubleheader. Gehrig'scame in the second game of their May 21 doubleheader.

The Braves announced Thursday that they’ve released veteran first baseman Matt Adams. It took them a few extra games to realize he was finished.
Now, if they can put Erlin out of his misery and move Tomlin out of the rotation.
Touki, Bryse, Tucker, Folty, Newk. ......you pick the two until Cole is activated. Then we have only one to suffer with until the end of September.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Hey Braves brothers and sisters....

Nationals headed your way. It pains me to think about how 'uninteresting' I think this 4-game series will be. The Nationals are 2 things:
1) Defending WS champions
2) One of the worst teams in Major League Baseball

They are on a 6 game losing streak and have only 1 win out of last 10.

The combined record of the 4 scheduled Nationals starters is 3-11
Voth (0-4)
Crowe (0-1)
Fedde (1-3)
Corbin (2-3)

There are some good (even great) parts Trea Turner and Juan Soto are (believe it or not) #1 and #2, respectively, in BA in MLB. That should tell you how bad the rest of the team is right now. Both of these guys are the only reason I tune in at this point. They are fun to watch.

Out of the bullpen... Suero (9 of 9) and Rainey (10 of 10) have not allowed any inherited runners to score.

I like it when the Nationals play the Braves... just wish it meant more at this point in the season than it will this weekend. Good luck to the Braves... I hope the Nationals figure out something to make it a competitive series.

GT_EE78

Banned
Hey Braves brothers and sisters....

Nationals headed your way. It pains me to think about how 'uninteresting' I think this 4-game series will be. The Nationals are 2 things:
1) Defending WS champions
2) One of the worst teams in Major League Baseball

They are on a 6 game losing streak and have only 1 win out of last 10.

The combined record of the 4 scheduled Nationals starters is 3-11
Voth (0-4)
Crowe (0-1)
Fedde (1-3)
Corbin (2-3)

There are some good (even great) parts Trea Turner and Juan Soto are (believe it or not) #1 and #2, respectively, in BA in MLB. That should tell you how bad the rest of the team is right now. Both of these guys are the only reason I tune in at this point. They are fun to watch.

Out of the bullpen... Suero (9 of 9) and Rainey (10 of 10) have not allowed any inherited runners to score.

I like it when the Nationals play the Braves... just wish it meant more at this point in the season than it will this weekend. Good luck to the Braves... I hope the Nationals figure out something to make it a competitive series.
Well, i'm not going to join you wishing for competetive. I'm looking for Braves wins.
Milone is on the mound now
Acuna lead off homer
Tomlin tonight in game 2
It's on FSSO

GT_EE78

Banned
Braves win 7-1
2 HR's for Acuna and one for Swanson
4 innings 1 ER from Milone, bullpen did the rest
maybe these shorties aren't so bad, we still haven't lost one(5 i think)