2020 Adidas Swag Thread

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
The new templates are garbage. Big step down.

I agree. So many times striping patterns can make or break a uniform. The striping on the old unis was great IMO. I didn’t even mind the “stinger stripes” down the sides of the jerseys. I thought it looked much better on the BB unis than it does on FB. I also like the “Georgia/#/Tech” format of the old ones better than what’s on the new ones, but if the new ones just had the old striping it wouldn’t matter that much.

I was hopeful after the Blackwatch unis that football would go back to more traditional striping when their template updates next year. But after seeing these I’m expecting them to screw those up as well.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I actually like the new look. Especially the GT look. I like plain and simple so this works for me. It’s funny we want plain and traditional for football and the opposite for basketball. Give me the 1990 or 96 bball unis all day and I’m set. Same with black watch for football!

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I actually like the new look. Especially the GT look. I like plain and simple so this works for me. It’s funny we want plain and traditional for football and the opposite for basketball. Give me the 1990 or 96 bball unis all day and I’m set. Same with black watch for football!
The old set essentially was the 1990 set. The lack of striping significantly downgrades the look. The new ones look like practice jerseys. At least the women’s versions have contrasting collar and sleeve cuffs.
DA13CD9D-EF6C-446A-8F48-2EB6D968A9F1.jpeg

29B6043D-91F8-497B-B04D-A7B5D9B925FA.jpeg

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
God new basketball unis are awful. Russell did a better job than just slapping a GT on the front lmao

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I wonder if the men’s blue “GT” jersey was originally supposed to have gold at the arms and neck. The early release/samples on eBay had it, with a different GT (white fill with gold outline). Looks better to me.
I guess this could still also be an alternate, as it appears ready for retail with the proper hang tags on it.

97652129-87CC-48BF-9ED4-1D72001BC508.jpeg

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if the men’s blue “GT” jersey was originally supposed to have gold at the arms and neck. The early release/samples on eBay had it, with a different GT (white fill with gold outline). Looks better to me.
I guess this could still also be an alternate, as it appears ready for retail with the proper hang tags on it.

View attachment 9450
Still, talk about lazy as ****. I mean damn man. Nike at least tailors unis to each school's character, would have much rather seen another ramblin wreck variant or hell maybe even North Avenue Trade School rather than just a fat GT.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Still, talk about lazy as ****. I mean damn man. Nike at least tailors unis to each school's character, would have much rather seen another ramblin wreck variant or hell maybe even North Avenue Trade School rather than just a fat GT.
Remember, the AA of each school has input and approval of all uniform designs...so we really need to be blaming GT for any unis we don’t like. Adidas just makes/offers whatever the AA wants or approves.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer

View attachment 9450
Those are the adidas swimgman jerseys. Not the actual replicas of the game jersey. Invites you could say a replica of the replica lol. I’d expect to see something closer in looks to the actual game jersey soon but with the way things have gone this year with manufacturing and Covid maybe not....

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Those are the adidas swimgman jerseys. Not the actual replicas of the game jersey. Invites you could say a replica of the replica lol. I’d expect to see something closer in looks to the actual game jersey soon but with the way things have gone this year with manufacturing and Covid maybe not....
Well I know they are the Swingman jerseys, but at retail that’s all we usually ever get. I don’t recall adidas ever selling anything close to an authentic basketball jersey for us at retail.