2020-2021 NBA Season Talk

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Trae questionable for game 4 (bone bruise) because a ref decided to just stand behind him instead of shifting out of the way like they normally do.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Trae sacrificed his ankel so the nba gods would even the count and get the Hawks to the finals.
On the real, sham Giannis went down but can’t say the hawks would have lost had he stayed healthy. Hawks were up 7 and losing momentum when he went down but it felt like they were about to start empowering the hack-Giannis strategy. Really great work by Nate to keep the rotations fluid and not let the bucks get comfortable. Really like the Hawks odds from here on out with these unfortunate injury circumstances.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
What we learned last night is that the Hawks are still a pretty decent team without Trae, but the Bucks without [Embiid] Giannis are nothing.

Edit: Clearly I was up too late celebrating my birthday. I fixed the stupid post.

Last edited:

slugboy

Staff member
What we learned last night is that the Hawks are still a pretty decent team without Trae, but the Bucks without Embiid are nothing.
Bucks have been without Embiid this whole series.
GIANNIS on the other hand…
Warm Up Dancing GIF by Milwaukee Bucks

Trae doesn’t play much defense, and maybe some of that showed last night. Reddish has been missed. Bogi maybe starting to heal might be too.

slugboy

Staff member
Thanks for pointing out my error.
They’re BOTH big nightmares on the court, and after the Philly series I can see why Embiid would stick in anyone’s mind for a while
It’s amazing that Embiid might move from Philly. I’d love for him to play here.
The Bucks are better than Philly, though.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’m staying with the Hawks, even though 2 of the final 3 are in Cheeseland(game 5 winners have taken a series 82% of the time). Shaq is on my team. He lives in Orlando, or did, but has businesses here in the Atl.

Trae said the pain was so bad it went beyond the ankle and into his leg, He wants to play tomorrow night in game #5. I’m wondering if Giannis can play with a hyperextended knee?

Happy belated to @orientalnc !

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I am in no way a Physical Therapist, but if he can’t do further damage(the big question, along with the threshold of pain) expecting him to play in the next game?
Embiid played with a meniscus tear. It’s that time of the year.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
A meniscus tear is far less serious than a hyperextended knee. I am going by my memory of a conversation, not my own education. Since Embiid has been playing with his meniscus tear, it is likely his docs told him the tear was not likely going to worsen and he had to decide how much pain he could tolerate. There are allowed medications to deal with the inflammation.

A hyperextended knee probably means a strained or torn ACL or PCL. Or both. You don't have to be a medical personal to know this is a lot more serious than pain management. The treatment begins with rest, ice, compression and elevation. For a lot more days then the Bucks probably have. It may require surgery unless it is very minor. My PT friend said a professional basketball player has learned to deal with pain in ways we can only imagine. SHe thinks he will play as much as his pain tolerance will allow.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
ESPN reporting no structural damage to the knee. Doubtful is Giannis for Thursday.

Trae on the other foot, is questionable for tomorrow.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Suns in the Finals. Good to see new blood.

Giannis ruled out for game 5. I doubt he'll (safely) return this year. Still a lot of work to do for the Hawks. Winning is certainly not assured as evidenced by MIL's listless performance against the Trae-less Hawks in game 4.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Since Trae didn’t dress last night, I’m expecting him to be available tomorrow in the elimination game.

Down 3-2; Right where we want them.
Giannis sits out the next two, I’ll take my chances. Please guard the 3-Ball.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Great season!
Not to make excuses, although we looked a little hobbled tonight.
Give the Bucks some credit, and winning without Giannis.