2019 Offseason Thread

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Then the Seminoles had to file a request with the ACC faculty athletics representatives to waive the conference's restriction against immediate eligibility for undergraduate student-athletes who transfer between ACC schools. That request was granted Monday.

I've read on this board that Ezzard would be denied no matter what by the ACC. Doesn't seem to be the case. Still doubt he gets a waiver from NCAA because of course he wont...

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow

giphy.gif

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Here are the Athlon ACC Bowl predictions going into the 2019 season

Independence Bowl: Boston College vs Louisiana Tech

Quick Lane Bowl: Wake Forest vs Northwestern

Military Bowl: Pitt vs Temple

Pinstripe Bowl: NCSU vs Michigan State

Camping World Bowl: Virginia vs Iowa State

Music City Bowl: Miami vs Kentucky

Belk Bowl: Virginia Tech vs Tennessee

Sun Bowl: FSU vs UCLA

Orange Bowl: Syracuse vs Florida

Fiesta Bowl: Clemson vs UGAG

National Championship Game: Clemson vs Alabama

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
:ROFLMAO::hilarious: ...

This guy, amirite? Transfers from OSU, gets beat out, skips practice. Can't wait for the inevitable tweets. Probably will transfer again.

What? Thread just says 'fall practice thread', not 'gt fall practice thread'.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Here's Athlon's worst to first College Football coaches list and they have Geoff Collins ranked 73rd.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-all-130-college-football-head-coaches-2019
I'm afraid it only gets worse from here to some degree. This year we're young and transitioning, next year we just face an OOC gauntlet (UCF, Notre Dame, UGA plus the annual Clemson game of course. I will be satisfied with 4-8 next year). It's important our fanbase realizes this is not a 1 year turnaround...we probably won't see the turnaround until the 3rd year at the absolute earliest but more than likely it would have to happen in year 4 or year 5.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I'm afraid it only gets worse from here to some degree. This year we're young and transitioning, next year we just face an OOC gauntlet (UCF, Notre Dame, UGA plus the annual Clemson game of course. I will be satisfied with 4-8 next year). It's important our fanbase realizes this is not a 1 year turnaround...we probably won't see the turnaround until the 3rd year at the absolute earliest but more than likely it would have to happen in year 4 or year 5.
I think GT will surprise a whole lot of people and make it to a Bowl Game in 2019;)

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I think GT will surprise a whole lot of people and make it to a Bowl Game in 2019;)
I put our odds of a bowl game at about 50/50. Not a gambler but I love the O-3.5 or O-4 wins play. I see 2 guaranteed losses, 1 guaranteed win, and about 9 toss ups. If we can go 5-4 in those toss up games then we'll be bowling.

It'd be hilarious if we manage to win the Coastal in 2020 going 1-3 in OOC. 7-5 Georgia Tech taking on 12-0 Clemson in the ACCCG.

Last edited:

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I put our odds of a bowl game at about 50/50. Not a gambler but I love the O-3.5 or O-4 wins play. I see 2 guaranteed losses, 1 guaranteed win, and about 9 toss ups. If we can go 5-4 in those toss up games then we'll be bowling.

It'd be hilarious if we manage to win the Coastal next season going 1-3 in OOC. 7-5 Georgia Tech taking on 12-0 Clemson in the ACCCG.
If GT won the ACC Coastal Coach Collins would be named ACC Coach of the Year:)

GTZachary

Jolly Good Fellow

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

If we don't make a bowl game this year, it's a one year turnaround from a team that did last year.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
If we don't make a bowl game this year, it's a one year turnaround from a team that did last year.
Yeah I still watch but I don't care about bowl games anyway to be honest. Winning the Beyond Burger Fake Meat Bowl over Central Arkansas Polytechnic State University doesn't give you any bragging rights and I've seen my teams win mediocre bowl games and lose mediocre bowl games for a decade and a half. I watch this team year in and year out with the goal of winning the ACC title. I'm okay changing that to making the CFP and winning the CFP if we can start consistently winning the ACCCG. I've never actually seen us capture an ACC title as a Georgia Tech student/alum/fan in basketball or football.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I still watch but I don't care about bowl games anyway to be honest. Winning the Beyond Burger Fake Meat Bowl over Central Arkansas Polytechnic State University doesn't give you any bragging rights and I've seen my teams win mediocre bowl games and lose mediocre bowl games for a decade and a half. I watch this team year in and year out with the goal of winning the ACC title. I'm okay changing that to making the CFP and winning the CFP if we can start consistently winning the ACCCG. I've never actually seen us capture an ACC title as a Georgia Tech student/alum/fan in basketball or football.
Well now you went and done it, I really want to play Central Arkansas Polytechnic State University but I would rather play them in the Girls gone Wild bowl , I hear the half time show is great.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Bowl game for me is a bit of a stretch, but we might be close ( 5-7 ?). What I am EXPECTING to see is players improving over the season. My head tells me anywhere from 4-8 to 7-5 will be our range from worst to best. Lack of depth and ability on the DL and OL will be our Achilles Heel, same as most other years....