2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Haven't seen the unis yet, but I am o.k. with having blue trim around the field, as long as the field lettering is white and gold, and I just watched the video that SS mentioned, and it appears the lettering on Georgia Tech lettering in the end zone, along with the mid-field GT, is trimmed in gold. I hope the unis are not void of gold for our first home game of the new era. If they are, I will still root for the white and gold, even if they are not wearing gold.

EDIT: I see they are using blue around the letters in the end zone also. Would rather not see that.

Last edited:
Haven't seen the unis yet, but I am o.k. with having blue trim around the field, as long as the field lettering is white and gold, and I just watched the video that SS mentioned, and it appears the lettering on Georgia Tech lettering in the end zone, along with the mid-field GT, is trimmed in gold. I hope the unis are not void of gold for our first home game of the new era. If it is, I will still root for the white and gold, even if they are not wearing gold.

EDIT: I see they are using blue around the letters in the end zone also. Would rather not see that.
Yes, I rewatched that video, band I too see a blue shadow on the letters in the endzone. I too would rather not see that. Also, from what I have seen posted in various places, the helmets tomorrow will be white with a blue GT outline (but no gold filling, just more white), and the uniforms will be white with blue numerals and blue stripes (or whatever you call them). I HOPE that is not right, but, if it is, like you, I will still root for the white and gold.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Haven't seen the unis yet, but I am o.k. with having blue trim around the field, as long as the field lettering is white and gold, and I just watched the video that SS mentioned, and it appears the lettering on Georgia Tech lettering in the end zone, along with the mid-field GT, is trimmed in gold. I hope the unis are not void of gold for our first home game of the new era. If they are, I will still root for the white and gold, even if they are not wearing gold.

Screen grab from the video:

c16f386caaf33dcacea9abbd96bfe079.jpg

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
Uh! I know our grounds crew is award winning and all but I just like consistency. Not something different for every game. We're slowly becoming the Oregon of field paint. I'm not a fan of the blue boarder. I wish it was gold. Here are some pics of what I would like to see from the white out game against UNC in 2017. Gold boarder, Gold GT with white outline. Update the the numbers and letters to the new font. Letters in the endzone should be gold with white outline or vise versa. Maybe add some navy shadow to the letters. But that't it! The field should be mostly White and Gold. Navy can be used sparingly.

IMG_20170930_124139451.jpg
IMG_20170930_125306436.jpg

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
@Supersizethatorder-mutt .....it is not just you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OK Green It Is...Now- "which Green" would you like? Old Green? or the New Electric Green? I see them as the tried and true original green and the Taggart/Judy nouveau green?

My husband will wear a kelly green polo with olive green pants to work because, "hey, they're both green..." He claims that males, especially male engineers, can only distinguish 3-bit color. Then I come on here, and there is discussion about 2,537 different shades of gold. I think he's got some 'splainin' to do.....

Animal02

Banned
Uh! I know our grounds crew is award winning and all but I just like consistency. Not something different for every game. We're slowly becoming the Oregon of field paint. I'm not a fan of the blue boarder. I wish it was gold. Here are some pics of what I would like to see from the white out game against UNC in 2017. Gold boarder, Gold GT with white outline. Update the the numbers and letters to the new font. Letters in the endzone should be gold with white outline or vise versa. Maybe add some navy shadow to the letters. But that't it! The field should be mostly White and Gold. Navy can be used sparingly.

View attachment 6611 View attachment 6612
WRT the field paint......goes back to simple branding......you can recognize the Tenn and ND endzones without any wording. A concept that many here seen to not grasp.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Love the Blue outline. Real Bold and it pops. The Gold on Grass looks similar to the old basketball court, there’s gotta be Blue to Make it Pop. Can’t wait to see the Unifroms. I hope we bring out Blue Jerseys Gold Helmet for the Citadel and save the Gold Jerseys for conference games.