2019 Georgia Tech Football Opinion Question

Will the next GT head coach guide GT to a bowl game in 2019?

• Yes

Votes: 69 53.1%
  • No

Votes: 23 17.7%
  • I don't know

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • I don't care

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I think he does, but I really don't care if he doesn't. TStan gave him a 7 year deal for a reason and if we are in a worst case scenario (ie Graham is ineligible, Lucas Johnson doesn't recover from his injury, and we don't sign a transfer QB forcing us to go with Oliver or a Freshman) I won't hold it against him.

Animal02

Banned
I think he does, but I really don't care if he doesn't. TStan gave him a 7 year deal for a reason and if we are in a worst case scenario (ie Graham is ineligible, Lucas Johnson doesn't recover from his injury, and we don't sign a transfer QB forcing us to go with Oliver or a Freshman) I won't hold it against him.
Bar setting lower and lower :rolleyes:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
One part of me says the new young coaches and the players bond and adapt well to new schemes and we go to a a better bowl. Then my realistic view takes over and I think we would be fortunate to get t ok any bowl

I say I dont care as long as we are find out by uga who is an ATL player and position coach. 2020 recruiting is key. If we arent sure what we need we can get out of balance like we were out wack at o t.
I trust tstan and cgc

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Bar setting lower and lower :rolleyes:

Really? We've only been to bowls 2 of the last 4 years--and that's if you give us credit for showing up this year. Not sure how not going to a bowl next year is a lower bar than recent experience.

Once again, Eeyore02 makes an extreme comment based on taking posts by others out of context, and fails to provide factual backup for his comment (as if he could).

Animal02

Banned
Really? We've only been to bowls 2 of the last 4 years--and that's if you give us credit for showing up this year. Not sure how not going to a bowl next year is a lower bar than recent experience.

Once again, Eeyore02 makes an extreme comment based on taking posts by others out of context, and fails to provide factual backup for his comment (as if he could).
Nope....anyone who is willing to accept anything under .500 is setting the bar real low to protect their narrative.

Animal02

Banned
Wait, so anyone who is optimistic has a "school girl crush" on the coach and anyone who is less optimistic is setting the bar too low to protect their narrative? :ROFLMAO:
They are not mutually exclusive......there are some posters that think in a couple of years we will be competing for an NC on an annual basis, and others that are will to accept multiple sub .500 seasons in order to "change". I don't accept either.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I think we will go to a bowl game. It is so hard to win in the ACC now. There really aren’t any easy outs where we will be a heavy favorite. I think we will see progress as the year progresses, we just can’t dig ourselves a huge hole and take the whole year to dig out of it.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
yes. There are 80 teams that get bowl invites. It's pathetic if you don't get an invite but nothing amazing if you do get an invite to all but about 6 of 'em.