2018 OOC schedule is set

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
We have played several HBCUs over the years. I'd like to see us schedule either FAMU or Tennessee State. Both schools have large alumni groups in the metro area and the game would almost sell out for the opportunity to see their respective bands. If we gave them most of the halftime show, it would definitely sell out the stadium. I recall Grambling played a West Coast team and part of the check included money to cover the band travel and expenses so that they could play.

I spoke to an Alcorn State alumnus while at the game in 2015 and he indicated the school would also use the opportunity for recruiting students. Get a check for playing Tech and perhaps encourage several students to attend their school.
I can't wait until GT plays Kennesaw State in 2020.;)

Animal02

Banned
From what I understand, Tampa/Sarasota hadn't been hit by a hurricane in 100 years until this year. It was a Cat 1 when it rolled thru this year.
Tampa got hit or a brush about 15 years ago, enough that it closed the port. My business partner got stuck on a cruise ship for an extra 4-5 days. They just circled around in the Gulf of Mexico. Said it was miserable, ran out of beer, sanitary tanks were full, etc. Also remember back in the late sixties whenwe lived in Orlando, my dad got into a car accident in Tampa in the middle of a hurricane...though it may have been a tropical storm by that point....I was 6-9 at the time.

Animal02

Banned
Getting a piece of some Mac-tion! Not a huge fan of Alcorn St. I really wished we did not schedule FCS schools. It kills the strength of schedule. Bowling Green will be fun.
SOS does not mean much as long as most other school do it. Getting the extra game every other year (as opposed to H-H schedules, is worth it for the $$$$, even with a crowd of 40k.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
We have played several HBCUs over the years. I'd like to see us schedule either FAMU or Tennessee State. Both schools have large alumni groups in the metro area and the game would almost sell out for the opportunity to see their respective bands. If we gave them most of the halftime show, it would definitely sell out the stadium. I recall Grambling played a West Coast team and part of the check included money to cover the band travel and expenses so that they could play.

I spoke to an Alcorn State alumnus while at the game in 2015 and he indicated the school would also use the opportunity for recruiting students. Get a check for playing Tech and perhaps encourage several students to attend their school.
It was Grambling when they played at Arizona because part of the fun little trivia about it was back in the day Grambling and Arizona's bands played together for Super Bowl 1's half time show and I think this was the first time they played together since.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
It was Grambling when they played at Arizona because part of the fun little trivia about it was back in the day Grambling and Arizona's bands played together for Super Bowl 1's half time show and I think this was the first time they played together since.

Good trivia but I was referring to the game Grambling played Cal in 2015. Below are a few links describing their performance:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/malaika-bobino/gambling-states-band-outs_b_8095940.html

https://www.californiagoldenblogs.c...-marching-band-puts-on-an-amazing-show-at-cal

Bring an HBCU to play the Jackets that also has a well renown band and Grant Field will sell out.