2018 OOC schedule is set

GTFLETCH

Banned
I am happy that h 2018 & 2019 OOC schedules are complete and we only need to add a FCS team for 2020...

I have heard that UCF wants us to re schedule the @UCF Game... What are the chances that it happens for 2021??

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We are shooting for an additional "bye" week without it affecting our home schedule.
You guys keep joking, I live in Florida. I still have a few tons worth of oak tree piled up on the street infront of my house. I should count my blessings, though, my friend a mile away lost her whole house due to flooding. I live in Jax and the darn thing didn't even come up the east coast.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
From what I understand, Tampa/Sarasota hadn't been hit by a hurricane in 100 years until this year. It was a Cat 1 when it rolled thru this year.
Tampa kept the streak alive! That thing bounced to the east and hit Lakeland/Lake Water pretty hard. We got off very easy with minor wind damage.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
How about just the University of West Florida? But it's all moot now; South is the name they chose
The University of West Florida is located in Pensacola. Founded in 1963, so it was not slipped in recently to confuse everyone.

Actually USF was founded seven years earlier, so UWF was available at that time. Also, and this is interesting, when the school was named in 1957 it was the southernmost school in the university system.

The University of West Florida is located in Pensacola. Founded in 1963, so it was not slipped in recently to confuse everyone.

Actually USF was founded seven years earlier, so UWF was available at that time. Also, and this is interesting, when the school was named in 1957 it was the southernmost school in the university system.
Interesting. Thanks for the info

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I don't get this SOS worry. It's not like we're worried about seeding in a 16 or 32 team playoff.

If we're the ACC champ with 0-1 losses, we'd almost certainly get invited. If we don't it's because the ACC was weak not 1 FCS opponent.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
We have played several HBCUs over the years. I'd like to see us schedule either FAMU or Tennessee State. Both schools have large alumni groups in the metro area and the game would almost sell out for the opportunity to see their respective bands. If we gave them most of the halftime show, it would definitely sell out the stadium. I recall Grambling played a West Coast team and part of the check included money to cover the band travel and expenses so that they could play.

I spoke to an Alcorn State alumnus while at the game in 2015 and he indicated the school would also use the opportunity for recruiting students. Get a check for playing Tech and perhaps encourage several students to attend their school.