2018 Off Season Thread

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully it will not be a Friday night game soa road trip will be possible....unlike this year’s game that is within driving distance.
I was planning on driving to Louisville as well, then my dumbass cousin decides to get married on a Friday. Of all Friday’s they pick, October 5th. All because he and his fiancé didn’t want to get married when Michigan was playing....
Another reason to add to my list of why I can’t stand UM fans!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I am under no illusion that there is not significant overlap in recruiting between GT and the factories. However, when you show a kid (any 18 year old kid) the data between "average starting salaries" or "average salaries 20 years after graduation, etc." they do not think it is relevant as most teenagers, however ridiculous it might seem, see themselves as well above average. So it's pretty easy for a Uga or UF or Texas or whoever to trot out a few success stories of their own and our sales pitch is pretty easily countered imo (remember, the audience is only 17 or 18 years old). The GT recruiting pitch would be more effective on 45 year old adults. Unfortunately, not many 4 and 5 star 45 year old recruits exist. For whatever reason, most of us outgrow our desire to run full speed into other human beings or have them do the same to us.;)
This is why you recruit their parents and target kids with parents who value education and life after football. We must target a niche athlete who comes from a family that values education. It doesn't even have to be parents who are college grads as many parents want a better life for their children and see education as a means to that end.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I was planning on driving to Louisville as well, then my dumbass cousin decides to get married on a Friday. Of all Friday’s they pick, October 5th. All because he and his fiancé didn’t want to get married when Michigan was playing....
Another reason to add to my list of why I can’t stand UM fans!

Football Saturday > dumbass cousin

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Why do so many of our wives torture us with weddings / anniversaries during football season? So mean just to make sure we love them more than football. :D
Well if it's not football season then it's hunting season. If it's not hunting season then it's baseball season. If it's not baseball season then it's basketball season. And on and on and on and on.:rolleyes:

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

I’m in for the road trip as it’s about my only chance to see Tech play within driving distance for a while (loved the Ireland game, but still kinda pissed I missed my shot to see a game locally here in Boston...I don’t think we come back up here til 2026 or so). Also, my oldest daughter will be turning 6 that season, so it might be a good opportunity to get her to her first game. As much as I’d love it to be a game at Bobby Dodd, you can’t compare the cost/hassle of a family flight to Atlanta with a 5 hour drive to the cuse.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I’m in for the road trip as it’s about my only chance to see Tech play within driving distance for a while (loved the Ireland game, but still kinda pissed I missed my shot to see a game locally here in Boston...I don’t think we come back up here til 2026 or so). Also, my oldest daughter will be turning 6 that season, so it might be a good opportunity to get her to her first game. As much as I’d love it to be a game at Bobby Dodd, you can’t compare the cost/hassle of a family flight to Atlanta with a 5 hour drive to the cuse.
And Cooperstown is on the way. 1 hr 45 min east of Syracuse. Dropping that nugget for others to consider as well.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I was lucky that when me and my ex got married,the wedding was in March;):LOL:
Luck had nothing to do with it with me. I got to their house and she and her mom told me they had chosen the Saturday after Thanksgiving because it was the only Saturday when the church was available. I responded by stating that I didn't think I could get back from Athens quick enough, but that "I would try!" We were married in mid December.

Luck had nothing to do with it with me. I got to their house and she and her mom told me they had chosen the Saturday after Thanksgiving because it was the only Saturday when the church was available. I responded by stating that I didn't think I could get back from Athens quick enough, but that "I would try!" We were married in mid December.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Coaching Tiers:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...uture-hall-of-famers-to-questionable-futures/

I would have put CPJ in the "proven winners" category. He does have 1 ACC championship, 3 ACCCG appearances, 2 OB appearances (1 Win) and has won the Coastal Several times. You can argue that CPJ's career on the P5 Level is just as good as Dan Mullen's and Mike Leach's, his career outside the P5 level is certainly distinguished with building Navy's program and winning 2 Natty's at GA Southern.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

If you remove this post from its context, it makes a great answering machine message.

furant

Jolly Good Fellow
Showing the new shirt off at local event for hs football players to hear a talk from qb pat nicks ( gt coach in early galley years) and qb greg mc ellory. Nix had some nice things to say about gt. He loves the auburn program and his kid will play there.
Both emphasized = focus on whats ahead.
View attachment 3536
He's now head coach at a high school I went to outside of Birmingham.

upload_2018-5-16_11-34-34.png