2018 Off Season Thread

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The NCAA isn't going to turn college football players transferring into free agency.

http://footballscoop.com/news/ncaa-confirms-wont-turns-transfer-rule-free-agency/

SAs should commit to schools, not to coaches. If they allow a snake oil salesman to sell them a bill of goods...there are consequences for decisions. I’m not in favor of expanding the transfer rules.

In the case like Ole Miss...if SAs weren’t involved in dirty doings..then I favor allowing them to transfer if the program gets probation. Would be a de-facto death penalty. But the NCAA has to be willing to actually punish violators rather than let the UNCs skate.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I mean it only took cutcliffe 10 years and 8 years of spending more than us to get there. Duke provides a nice case study of money in result out

actually, we should celebrate Duke's improvement. It demonstrates that with the right people in place at the coaching AND admin level along with institutional commitment (read $), a program is not "stuck in place" in some sort of FB caste system. Is Duke Bama? Of course not but they have a competitive program now and are no longer the sad sack of a program they have been during most of my lifetime. GT certainly can no longer take them for granted as we have seen over the last several years.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
actually, we should celebrate Duke's improvement. It demonstrates that with the right people in place at the coaching AND admin level along with institutional commitment (read $), a program is not "stuck in place" in some sort of FB caste system. Is Duke Bama? Of course not but they have a competitive program now and are no longer the sad sack of a program they have been during most of my lifetime. GT certainly can no longer take them for granted as we have seen over the last several years.

I understand what you’re saying but Duke still sucks. They beat us this season because we quit. End of story. I am glad to see that most of the ACC is getting better because more top-level recruits won’t automatically think they want to go to the SEC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Former Kansas State head football coach Jim Dickey died at the age of 84. He went 25-53-2 from 1978 to 1985 when he was fired after starting off 0-2. The highlight of his time at Kansas State was going 6-4-1 in 1982 and losing 14-3 to Wisconsin in the 1982 Independence Bowl.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Three football players are leaving Missouri

RS Freshman DB Jerod Alton
RS Sophomore DB TJ Warren
RS Junior WR Ray Wingo

I wonder if GT would be interested in any of those three players? GT could use DB depth and it would be nice to get another WR.