2018 Off Season Thread

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Rewatching the VT game this morning. We played probably our best game of the year minus TQ’s boneheaded pick 6 and I forgot about Cotrell dropping the KO that we got lucky as hell on. We made a lot of bad decisions in the final qtr of that game and most of the close games we lost. Gotta think we are a year older and that shouldn’t be an issue this upcoming year. As bad as Last season sucked, record wise, it’s mind blowing we could’ve been 8-3!
Agree! When will bryan was in we scored on good drives. Shamire did well too.
Still wonder what was it that made us that lead to will seeing little time after that.
I think we hoped the passing game would click with bigger guard pass blocking.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Also, Justin Fuente’s play calling is suspect. He gave us that game. 4th and 1 and you throw to the end zone. Lol

It was a pretty good play call imo. Out guy just made a better play on the ball.

Passing on 4th and 1 there is more of an indication of a deficiency in shotgun spread attacks. One of those times when QB under Center is better. Give and take in every scheme / philosophy.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
New Mexico State defends signing ex Minnesota player Ray Buford Jr accused of sexual assault:rolleyes::banghead::vomit:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...players-present-case-before-university-panel/

I dont know anything about that incident....but...no prosecution was brought by law enforcement. The Title IX hearing was a civil hearing. Burden of proof more of a 51% likely kind of thing from 2 out of 3 members of the panel hearing. So hypothetically 2 could say, yeah I think he may have 51% been guilty...the 3rd member could say 99% innocent...and the player would be found at fault. And I don’t know what violation they actually found that player at fault for.

I’d be a bit reluctant to hire him myself...especially in a college / school setting. I’d also be reluctant to condemn him as a sexual predator.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck